What's new

Cherubim Racer

Kupepe

Warming-Up
Aug 20, 2015
Hello,

I am interested in making a new bicycle. Intended Use is for club rides and 200-300 km randonees.

I was about to buy a Pegorreti Marcello. And then .. a friend of mine showed me the Cherubim Racer.

I can't seem to find any information on the web though on how it rides.

Any feedback from owners?

Kind regards

There's a guy I'm aware of in Tokyo with a couple of Cherubim road frames and they are beautiful and, as far as I'm aware, handle great etc too.

I have another friend with a track bike from Cherubim and it's a thing of extreme beauty.

They are beautiful bikes. I've never ridden one but I've been to their shop in Tokyo a few times and drooled over their bikes. When a group from TCC went up to The Blue Monkey Lodge, there was an English guy (Henry) there with his brand new Cherubim. It was just about his first ride on it. Not sure if he is a member of TCC though.
If you have the money, and the patience, I would definitely go for it. I think it took Henry between 4 and 6 months to get his bike.

I know @TOM rides his Cherubim Piuma hundreds of kilometres each weekend.
I'll second the "beautiful bikes" comment. I saw the Racer in the metal at Cyclemode last year and it was stunning.

Reactions: TOM
Cherubim does some beautiful work, but I think the tubing quality on the Peg would be better.

And its not like Dario is going to be making frames for a whole lot longer.

Cherubim does some beautiful work, but I think the tubing quality on the Peg would be better.

And its not like Dario is going to be making frames for a whole lot longer.

That is why I chose the Pegoretti. Dario will not be around for long ... at least compared to the frame builder of Cherubim.

Got some info on the price ... Import taxes to EU are deadly

Which paint job are you going for?
I dream about that Thelonius Monk Marcelo....
While the Pegoretti's paint job's can be out there, Dario seems to build frames that are pretty straightforward/industrial.
No overly fancy metalwork etc. like on the Cherubim's.peg3.JPG

Attachments

• peg2.JPG
    peg2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
  • peg1.JPG
    peg1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 18
I love both, but would go Pegoretti
It's just so unique and a moving piece of art.
I still feel carbon is the best material though. No matter how cool or well engineered a steel bike is, it's no comparison to the efficiency of a carbon bike, period.
It does ride smooth though and look nice. There is something very special about the feel of a steel bike with carbon fork and wheels. A very happy medium indeed

I had a Cherubim made about 16 years ago with Genius tubes. Rides great. Just a one tone orange paint job to avoid flash and theft. Took the bike to Vancouver and Montreal this summer and got lots of "beautiful bike" comments. Did I mention the ride is great? Was perfectly aligned and still is.

Less than 100,000 yen back in the day. New ones much more now.

Rgds

MS

Back
Top Bottom