What's new

Cheap Grease

I'm a big fan of Aeroshell greases --- but for all purpose I generally use a teflon microgel grease. The Finishline prdt is pretty darn good and can use with nearly any part of the bike. As for loose ball bearings, it's a bit sticky - so using like the Dura-Ace 'special grease' is better. Or Campy ballbearing grease. For carbon posts and stems, etc - the special 'friction grease' is really nice. It will allow you to torque the joint properly and reduce chance of slippage.

Lithium based greases will wash out easier and make repeated maintenance a little faster. While floro- gel greases will tend to coat and protect high stress areas quite well. And ball bearings will run better in a lighter suspension type grease. Probably the best 'do all' grease for common bikes these days would be either lithium or floro based.

Finishline stuff is good. Have always used it.

That Dura-Ace grease is very good too.

A fully stocked selection of grease, lubes and cleaning chemicals is essential for any man's toolkit.

Just buy some nice stuff and revel in the luxury of it all.

>I remember back in 1996/1997 spending a lot of time experimenting with different greases to get the perfect balance between that incredible CLACK and pawl life on mine and my friends' Hope hubs. Can't quite remember what we decided on, but it took a while and really worked.

Stuff is magic.... last forever!

This pot once belong to my great grandfather, its been passed down from generation to generation and finally it is in my tool box.

Ok, its not that old but bought it about 5 years ago, a small amount goes a very, very long way!

photogsr.jpg

Mine didn't last so long due to my constant snacking.:p Better than dripping!

Back
Top Bottom