What's new

Charity Ride -Tokyo to Sapporo (1200KM/10Days)

dpercyk

Cruising
Dec 10, 2006
This golden week (from 04/25 to 05/06) I am cycling from Tokyo to Sapporo (1200KM/10-12 days). Last year I cycled from Tokyo to Fukuoka (1300 KM/8.5 days) just for fun. This year I want to combine two things I love the most, children and cycling. I want to raise \1200000 for a charity (orphanage) in Tokyo area (Charity TBD). Plan is to get people to sponsor me by donating $ to the charity. I've cycled quite a bit in 12 different countries and raised more than $250G for charities so I have a bit of background of what's involved.

Reaching my financial target probably is a long shot so I am currently communicating with my company to get them to sponsor 6 fund raising events leading to the ride. I am also reaching out my colleagues in other investment banks to explore. If anyone is interested in either joining the ride/fundraising or just wants to lend me a hand with my efforts please let me know. I have presentation if anyone would like to see it.

riding across the Tsugaru strait offers unique challenges. Good luck with the ride.

Interested

I am interested in this plan. I may join you just a part of the journey and try to contact CSR persons of my company. Minoru Arai

Thank you and Hello Again

Minoru san:
I will take your offer for riding and please check links below for tentative route and let me know what you think.
Kiwisimon:
If you also check the route that will be much appreciated.

I have a very bad back and weak at climbing (I thought I was going to die when I was climbing from Odawara to Fuji Hakone). I go to any distance to avoid climbing. So whoever knows their way around please check the link and advise?

Overall I've made significant progress this week - timing was just perfect. First of all, I did presentation to CSR folks in my firm and the feedback was very positive and they may sponsor the ride, if not the ride for sure other events I have proposed:

– Ride for a Dream (Key Event)
– Wear a Jean for a Dream
– Buy a Pizza Slice for a Dream
– Feast with Board of Directors for a Dream
– Count Jelly Bean for a Dream
– Ride with a Star for a Dream

No.1
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...774769,140.844727&spn=10.076532,16.391602&z=6

No.2
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...385264,140.471191&spn=10.133036,16.391602&z=6

Back
Top Bottom