What's new

Charge Saddles have a fancy sister company - Fabric

bawbag

Maximum Pace
Mar 20, 2013
http://fabric.cc/

Stuff seems pretty decent, especially the ALM with its fancy industrial design look.
Price tag is pretty eye-watering though. 225 quid for this one.

ALMheader.jpg

Odd how they show someone off the saddle they're trying to sell.

Also "it is the first saddle ever made using the same air-sprung technology as found in lightweight running shoes."

Shoes-wise: I'm far happier with Asics (non-air) than Nike (air).

YMMV

And since there's just contact but no impact...??

Odd how they show someone off the saddle they're trying to sell.

Also "it is the first saddle ever made using the same air-sprung technology as found in lightweight running shoes."

Shoes-wise: I'm far happier with Asics (non-air) than Nike (air).

YMMV

And since there's just contact but no impact...??
Pretty sure if he were on the saddle you wouldn't be able to see the product they're selling. Needs to be at least some gap between rider and saddle.

Nice website, that.
Pity they don't list weights for all the products.

Some copywriter said:
Depending on your somatotype we can recommend a Fabric saddle that best suits your bone structure. We've made it is easy to find your own somatotype; simply enter your wrist circumference (cm) and your height (cm) below. This then creates a percentage that indicates which somatotype you are, and helps you find your next perfect saddle.

So your wrist is more important than such factors as your, um, scranus? Wow. I had to look this up.

J.E.L. Carter said:
Ten anthropometric dimensions are needed to calculate the anthropometric somatotype: stretch stature, body mass, four skinfolds (triceps, subscapular, supraspinale, medial calf), two bone breadths (biepicondylar humerus and femur), and two limb girths (arm flexed and tensed, calf).

(source)

Hmm. I wonder what Ben Goldacre thinks.

Back
Top Bottom