What's new

Notice Changes, changes: major upgrade & revamp

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear valued Members,

It is on very short notice, but I would like to inform you that we are going to upgrade the forum tonight, Monday, June 25. The programme will be ported over to Xenforo 2, which is a new major release of the current software.

For more information on what's new in Xenforo 2, please refer to the following thread:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-new-in-xenforo-2-0.133426/

Some of the highlights are:

• Greatly-enhanced mobile-friendly style
  • Emoji support
  • Retina avatar and smilie support
  • New media embedding features (Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram photos, Reddit posts and comments, Spotify and Soundcloud tracks, albums and playlists and a whole host of others)
  • and a lot of other technical features.

GDPR compliance

The latest version is GDPR-compliant, so you may have to accept our cookie policy and Terms of Service once again. Sorry about the inconvenience.

New style

We are going to update the style to a more modern and user-friendly design. The forum revamp will be an ongoing project, so we are looking forward to your feedback to improve the style and usability over the next few days and weeks.

Wiki

The Wiki will be offline for a while until we find a better way to integrate it into the forum.

Portal

We are going to move the forum into the root directory and get rid of the portal. All the old links (vB and XF1) will be redirected.

Upgrade procedure

We are going to lock the forum tonight around 22:00; this upgrade won't be trivial, but we expect to be back online in the early hours of Tuesday, June 26.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

One more thing.
your-club-needs-you.png

• Are you Photoshop-savvy and willing to help us with a new logo? Please contact me via PC (private conversation).
  • We would like to reorganise our current user groups in order to fine-tune permissions. Do you have any dazzling ideas for bicycle-related user group names?

We would like to reorganise our current user groups in order to fine-tune permissions. Do you have any dazzling ideas for bicycle-related user group names?
Could you elaborate on this, not sure what you meant?

Could you elaborate on this, not sure what you meant?

The plan is to set up a hierarchy of user groups (from "Rookie" to "Expert") based on the number of posts (and perhaps other factors) and tie them to specific permissions (post edit time, file and image uploads, etc.). I was just wondering what to name these user groups; something cycling-related along the lines of 'rouleur', 'domestique', 'capitaine', 'soigneur', or even more elaborate. :)

I see. That is going to replace the current "maximum pace" etc?

Those are actually 'user titles' based on trophy points. Yes, there's a lot of redundancy that needs to be tackled. The first step will be to update the user groups and their respective permissions.

Basic functionality has been restored, but there is still a lot to do regarding style and add-ons.

Please report any glitches right here. I'm looking forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Time to hug the pillow. :sleep:

Maybe a little off topic, but it seems there is a nice resurgence in use and rides on the site. Any chance we can get a discussion going about finding out about whether anyone would be interested in getting new TCC jerseys?

Maybe a little off topic, but it seems there is a nice resurgence in use and rides on the site. Any chance we can get a discussion going about finding out about whether anyone would be interested in getting new TCC jerseys?
Start a new thread in general asking for input there as this thread is kinda in a low traffic area.

thanks Thomas for the update.

Sorry poor description
16547-168b12d6673b7bdcba12c741fbc3798c.jpg

The Tour de Tohoku hyperlink takes me to this page

16548-4c345dd87480282706982545928de0a1.jpg

hope that helps. Maybe your privileges let you get through?

Attachments

• page .png
    page .png
    56 KB · Views: 2
  • error .png
    error .png
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
The redesign is nice, thanks. :) Although I would probably use this opportunity to disable all the share buttons.

I agree. :)

As @kiwisimon suggested please start a new thread. :tup

Hey Thomas just a little check I did shows the link to the older report (tour de Tohoku) getting an admin permission entry page
https://tokyocycle.com/threads/route-4-revisited-or-22-hours-to-hachinohe.7796/#post-109459

The vB redirects are now fully functional. Thanks for the pointer!

The redesign is nice, thanks. :) Although I would probably use this opportunity to disable all the share buttons.

Much appreciated! We have restricted the share buttons to FB, Twitter, and email.

Back
Top Bottom