Chamois Cream Help

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
I can't understand why people continue to get sucked in by the whole chamois cream scam, you can either make your own or just by the exact same product at your drug store lab led "nappy rash cream"

The thicker the better.

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Tokyo
I can't understand why people continue to get sucked in by the whole chamois cream scam, you can either make your own or just by the exact same product at your drug store lab led "nappy rash cream"

The thicker the better.
I bought one tube and used it for a few weeks, and then I just changed my saddle.
Problem solved - cream garbage (for me)

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
This stuff works well:

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.doggi2.com%2Fdoggi2_blog%2Fshopping%2Foronine.jpg&hash=d7d1222e9dcb795acf9f31fd9c37822d

It's very mild, and cheap. And it comes in various sizes and packages. And it's available at any big box drug store (genki, aoki, etc., i.e., throughout Japan). So you could re-apply at a break.

I sometimes use Assos, but if you get the Assos too close to your most intimate mucous membranes (your Assos, etc), it stings, a lot.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I mix combination of Oronine and Shea Butter. Works awesome and price is very good. You can get Oronine at ANY Japanese drugstore, supermarket or Donki. Shea butter is easy to get, too - just look on Amazon. Or you can buy overpriced stuff at Tokyu Hands - just make sure it's raw shea butter and not shea butter with a bunch of other junk in it. You can beef this basic mixture up with a variety of 'essential oils' so it's very versatile depending the intended use:

1) Add some tea-tree oil. Higher anticeptic properties and healing conditioner.
2) Add some salicylic acid. Increase the effectiveness against keratosis and a mild astringent.
3) Add comfrey. Soothing relief.
etc etc ...

If this fails - then I suggest using good ol fashioned bacon grease. It has the staying power of an I95 'power breakfast' . The only downside are the dogs and Honey Badgers chasing you - but, hey, your performance might improve as a result.