What's new

Help Challenge Vulcano Tubular tires

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
I'm looking for tubbies that have more grip than the ones I'm using now (Vittoria Strada). Has anyone tried Challenge Vulcano tubbies? They are cheap so I'm not expecting miracles but they have to be better than my current setup. I want something that inspires a bit of confidence in corners and has relatively low rolling resistance. Here's a link for the Challenge Vulcanoes.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread and see if I got any bites. Speaking of bites, I managed to inflict a nice sized slice on one of my Strada tires, I think I caught it in time and gave it a super glue cure, along with some other deepish divets I discovered. Anyone got any thoughts on cheap road tubbies with decent grip and halfway acceptable rolling resistance?
IMG_1086.JPG

Last edited:
Vittoria are shite, from the cheapest to the most expensive.

Get Continental and forget about your tyres until they wear out or something catastrophic happens.

Which model of Conti's in particular? Giro's seem to cop a fair amount of flack on most reviews I've seen. Continental Sprinters and Gatorskins definitely get a better rap though.

Tubular, I never had a single problem with Sprinters. They are slightly heavier than Competitions on the shelf. On your bike, you will notice no difference at all.

Why are Conti 4000's tubs relatively expensive compared to Competition and Sprinter tubs? Do they have a lot longer wear life? Better wet weather grip?

Back
Top Bottom