What's new

Caution to the Wind

armmewitharmony

Maximum Pace
Mar 10, 2014
Ok so now I'm wondering who I'm gonna be riding with once my rehab's done and I sort out my new ride.

What I mean is who's available on Sunday's for spirited climbing in the Saitama hills not crazy early in the morning and not with afternoon curfews?

Something tells me it's going to be back to a lot of solo riding just like before. But to be honest it would be nice to have some company.

Also, why is it such a sausage fest all the time on this webpage? Where are all the lady bicycle people?

Is bicycling nerdy by nature?

Ok so now I'm wondering who I'm gonna be riding with once my rehab's done and I sort out my new ride.

What I mean is who's available on Sunday's for spirited climbing in the Saitama hills not crazy early in the morning and not with afternoon curfews?

Something tells me it's going to be back to a lot of solo riding just like before. But to be honest it would be nice to have some company.

Also, why is it such a sausage fest all the time on this webpage? Where are all the lady bicycle people?

Is bicycling nerdy by nature?
Count me in on occasion. Late start for me would be 8 am.

What kind of rehab? Body or bike?

I prefer Saturdays in general but weather and other schedule issues have me out on Sundays too. Arakawa to the north and over to the Saitama hills - it's miso almost. Strategically located @tigerkamen probably agrees. And he needs to get back in shape really badly too ;) (so that makes it three of us)

Count me in on occasion. Late start for me would be 8 am.

What kind of rehab? Body or bike?

Both!

No.5 vertebra broken off at the back (the not serious side evidently, the front part houses your nerve cord and it's kind of game over if you wreck that part they said) which needs to heal and I've got a "sprained neck" lol whatever that is which needs to heal and be rehabilitated via physio which I've already started. They haven't given me a possible due date yet but I expect I should be ready to go in a month or two. O but I should mention my legs are strong as fuck now tho lol

Need new wheels, by that I mean a new ride, that I should be sorting out about the same time.

So looking forward to seeing all you guys. Jesus @tigerkamen get straightened out by then!

Last edited:
I'm guessing quite a few people ride in your area, but they do not frequent this board.
You might try asking them about local rides and clubs next time you see them at a local stopping point.
There may even be some female cyclists in those hills if that is what you are looking for.

I'll still ride with you when I can!

Feels like we had a Maverick and Iceman moment

goodie. I'll bring a rope and you guys can pull me.

Sounds more like rope's tying you down way more than pulling you up these days!

Road riding is fun...

on dirt....

WIth a mountain bike....

Not to be a Negative Nancy but a YT search under "slow motion MTB" robs me of any aspirations I might have had.

I'm guessing quite a few people ride in your area, but they do not frequent this board.
You might try asking them about local rides and clubs next time you see them at a local stopping point.
There may even be some female cyclists in those hills if that is what you are looking for.

I'm hoping there are lurkers who will eventually step forward from the shadows and become riding comrades for sure, we'll see what happens I guess.

And thanks but I would not at all like to find out what would happen if the wife found out I was trolling for female cyclists in yonder hills or here on the internet - either way I'd be dead before I could reflect on that, pretty sure.

I'm hoping there are lurkers who will eventually step forward from the shadows and become riding comrades for sure, we'll see what happens I guess.

I was thinking more specifically of people who have never heard of TCC, which turns out to be the overwhelming majority of cyclists in Tokyo/Saitama!

And thanks but I would not at all like to find out what would happen if the wife found out I was trolling for female cyclists in yonder hills or here on the internet - either way I'd be dead before I could reflect on that, pretty sure.

No need to worry, it's not trolling if it's a genuine desire.

I was thinking more specifically of people who have never heard of TCC, which turns out to be the overwhelming majority of cyclists in Tokyo/Saitama!

No need to worry, it's not trolling if it's a genuine desire.

Well I'm just as guilty as the next guy for staring longingly at um, storefront window displays wink*

I really should do more IRL riding, so when you're ready to get going, I'll be ready to get going.

Don't worry it'll sort itself out just get out we'll see you out there!

Back
Top Bottom