What's new

Cat eye volt attachment?

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Anyone know where you can get them online?
I want just the small clip that the light clips into.
I have one that came with the light that I have on one bike using the Rec mount system.

just the small plastic clip part...
A00433B9-137E-4E88-ACA1-2DEA292DE1E9.jpeg

Thanks, of course they don't just sell the 50yen part. But make you buy the whole strap thing for 500....

What adapter are you using in-between the go-pro style mount on the underside of the cycling computer mount and the Cateye attachment? This Rec-Mount (link)?

Doesn't look quite as robust but it looks like you could potentially replace the Rec-mount and the Cateye attachement with this Cateye adapter (link).

Last edited:
I have a Rec Mount for my Cateye too - I broke the plastic mount when bunny hopping my road bike off a wall... it seems they weren't designed foer that. The Rec mount has help up to the abuse wonderfully tho!

I have not had the plastic clip break, but if I did, I would email them and see about replacement options. Odd are they would send one for the cost of shipping.

I would email them and see about replacement options. Odd are they would send one for the cost of shipping.
I had the bottom of a Volt 200 clip break up here in -4 temps. Pretty crappy design, I wrote and told them it was and they sent me a new light, which snapped the very next cold spell we had. Cateye CS is really good esp if you write in crappy Japanese.

I have a related question: what are my options for a light/cycling computer combi mount? I don't like the excess screw lip thingi that's sticking out of the hole. I have seen them on other people's bikes, but I don't know what to search for. Ideally, it'd be Cateye/Wahoo so that I don't have to buy a ¥2,000 Garmin-to-Wahoo mount adapter.

I have a related question: what are my options for a light/cycling computer combi mount? I don't like the excess screw lip thingi that's sticking out of the hole. I have seen them on other people's bikes, but I don't know what to search for. Ideally, it'd be Cateye/Wahoo so that I don't have to buy a ¥2,000 Garmin-to-Wahoo mount adapter.
I spent the best part of an hour googling for exactly that kind of mount last night. The closest thing I could find was the K-Edge Pro mount (link) and this one that sells under a variety of names (link). Even with these mounts, you still need an adapter like the Rec-mount adapter above to be able to attach a Cateye light, so they end up as not exactly cheap options. I decided to go with a different solution - stick with the Wahoo mount that came with the Bolt and attach my Volt 800 another (cheaper) way.

I have a Rec Mount for my Cateye too - I broke the plastic mount when bunny hopping my road bike off a wall... it seems they weren't designed foer that. The Rec mount has help up to the abuse wonderfully tho!

I have not had the plastic clip break, but if I did, I would email them and see about replacement options. Odd are they would send one for the cost of shipping.
Thanks for that comment, that's all I needed to read to pass on the plastic mount and pony up for the Rec-mount.

I spent the best part of an hour googling for exactly that kind of mount last night. The closest thing I could find was the K-Edge Pro mount (link) and this one that sells under a variety of names (link). Even with these mounts, you still need an adapter like the Rec-mount adapter above to be able to attach a Cateye light, so they end up as not exactly cheap options. I decided to go with a different solution - stick with the Wahoo mount that came with the Bolt and attach my Volt 800 another (cheaper) way.
That looks like what at least one of them had, someone else had a different solution. I guess I'll put that on my list of things for my new bike. The small stuff can really nickel and dime you 😅

I had the bottom of a Volt 200 clip break up here in -4 temps. Pretty crappy design, I wrote and told them it was and they sent me a new light, which snapped the very next cold spell we had. Cateye CS is really good esp if you write in crappy Japanese.
Good to know. I have a top of the range front cateye that refuses to charge. I might bump it in the post with a crappy Japanese letter!

Gotta be worth a try!

Andy

new bike?
I'm going to order a 3T Strada in January. 😁🕺🍻
I think I'll need some more small bits to add to the frame like new bottle cages (color >> weight), perhaps new pedals, but I think I'd definitely like a better solution for the light/Wahoo. My beaut will have carbon handlebars, and I don't like the idea of having to periodically put on/off the mount for the lights. Plus, it'd interfere with the bell (my Wahoo mount is to the left, my Knog bell to the right of the stem).

I use a barfly 4 that comes with lots of adaptors for different computers. Also includes a gopro base to mount underside.

As Grant mentioned Cateye has a gopro adaptor thats cheaper and easier than doing the rec mount dismantle spacer option.

For the replacement clip theres 2 part numbers with slight physical differences but they seem to support the same models. 5445330, 5340920

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom