Sold! Carbon MTB for sale near Meguro

kubatyszko

Speeding Up
Jul 29, 2012
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Carbon MTB Bicycle

This is a Bicycle that I have assembled myself in late 2009 for personal use.
It served me well for approximately 3000 kilometers, mostly in and around Tokyo.

Very well taken care of and maintained.

When not use, it was always stored in an indoor bicycle parking.

Ridden only by myself (me - 183cm, 81 Kg), nobody else (ever), mostly within Tokyo as my daily home-work commuter, occasionally I took it for longer rides - 50-180 km outside of the city.

The bike should fit riders between 170 and 190cm with no issues.

Visual condition - very good, it has some minor scratches and scuffs mostly from normal wear.

Very little rust on the outer side of the front derailleur cage - most likely rain water splashed and I didn't wipe it on time (not an issue and doesn't impact riding or shifting at all).

The bike is in original condition as I used to ride it myself, with the exception of saddle, brakes and pedals (I'm keeping those).

For the purpose of sale, I have installed brakes, saddle and pedals that I had earlier in 2010.

--------------------------
Parts list:

Carbon OEM frame (26 inch wheel size, frame size 20 inch), it has both V-Brake pivots and disc mount on both fork and frame.

Rough geometry:

C-T - 52 cm
Steerer tube - 22 cm
Top tube - 55-56 cm
Handlebar width - 52 cm

Carbon Trigon fork with carbon steerer tube (originally I had Surly Instigator fork for the first 500km, and later installed Trigon)

Brakes: Shimano BR-M421 V-brake with BBB Tristop (BBS-15) brake shoes (brand new, ridden for only 30km to test the setup, since taking the pictures, I have cut the excess cables)

Levers: Sram 7.0 Grilon Composite, currently brakes are setup "western" style - left is front, if you prefer, I can swap them for you before purchase.

Cranks: Race Face Ride XC 44/34/24 teeth with GXP MTB-dedicated bottom-bracket (originally I used Trivativ Stylo and after 700kmI installed Race Face due to Truvativ having well-known issue of left crank going lose on the BB)

Sprocket: SRAM 9 speed 11-34

Chain: Currently wippermann connex, you will also get used SRAM chain that I had before wippermann. (chain has been used for approximately 1500 km to ensure even wear of parts - some mechanics recommend replacing chain every so often to ensure even wear of drivetrain, although there's no proof which way is better).

Wheels: Mavic Crossride (model 2012) - replaced at the end of 2012 with original mavic skewers

Front derailleur: SRAM X7

Rear derailleur: SRAM X9

Shifters: Sram Grip-Shift X0 (replaced late 2012)

Shifter cables and housing: Clarks pre-lube (self-lubricating) in braided housing, new installed in mid-2012

Stem: 13cm ritchey pro or 10cm profile design (up to the buyer)

Headset: Ritchey WCS

Pedals: Magnesium platforms by Wellgo

Seatpost: Orbea with tranz-x quick release

Saddle: OEM wide saddle

Handlebar: Bontrager HCM Carbon 63cm

Grips: Standard rubber

Tubes: Schwalbe 1.0 - 1.5 presta valve

Tires: Ritchey Tom Slick PRO 1.4

The steerer tube uses approximately 30mm worth of spacers so that you have plenty of stem height adjustment options.

Summary of replaced parts since purchase and approximate mileage:

Surly Instigator replaced with Trigon full Carbon Fiber fork - 500km
Truativ Stylo replaced with Race Face Ride CX - 700km
SRAM PC-991 replaced with another SRAM PC-991 - 1200km
SRAM PC-991 replaced with Wippermann connex - 2500km
Mavic Crossride 2009 replaced with Mavic Crossride 2012 - 2700km
SRAM X.0 shifter replaced with SRAM X.0 shifters - 2700km
Cables and housing replaced with Clarks pre-lube - 2500km
Maxxis oriflamme replaced with Panaracer Ribmo - 200km
Panaracer Ribmo replaced with Ritchey Tom-slick Pro - 2500km

The frame has no serial numbers and thus is not (and never was) "registered" to me, after assembling I went to Police station to do so, but was told only bike shop can do it for me - and the shop would only do it for bicycles they have sold, so I assumed it's not possible for a self-assembled bike and gave up on the idea.

Reason for selling - in a few months I will be leaving Japan for an extended period of time, and can't take the bike with me - it would be a pity to leave it unused for such a long time.

I live in Musashi Koyama (Shinagawa-ku), 2 stops on Meguro line behind Meguro, you are welcome to come over and try the bike.

More pictures available upon request.

Asking 90000 JPY, negotiable.

Attachments