What's new

Tech Car bicycle rack

AlexGiesswein

Speeding Up
May 21, 2013
Hey Everybody,

I am looking for a bicycle rear rack for the car. I am worrying to buy the wrong one so I am really hoping that maybe somebody in here can help me with some information or experience.

I have a Toyota Noah 2005 which kinda looks like the one in the attached photo. As it is only sold in Japan I can´t find any information on what rack fits this car. Does anybody have any experience or can recommend me something.

I found this one from Thule: http://www.thule.com/en/jp/products...nted-bike-carriers/thule-backpac-973-_-973002

It seems that it would fit my minivan but with Yen 50000 it is rather expensive. Maybe there is something cheaper out there which would also do the job.

Any recommendation or suggestion would help!!

Attachments

• back.jpeg
    back.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
A Saris Bones should go on that alright. You have the bumper at the bottom of the door to rest it on.

http://www.cycle-yoshida.com/pc/syousai.php?SYOCODE=00090229

The Bridgestone "Multicycle Carrier" is, as far as I can tell, a blatant rip-off of this. But perhaps better availability from your LBS...

I have a Terzo which is basically a Saris Bones. Not sure if it will fit or not on your car. I couldn't get it on my Nissan X-Trail due to the straps not having anywhere to grab hold of. It all depends on whether the bottom of the boot (trunk) has a lip that the hooks can grab hold of. You might also struggle with the straps/hooks on the side of the boot as it looks like they would have to hold onto the glass.

And if you only want a two bike rack then I'll let you have mine for 6000 yen.

I'll let you have Leicamans for 3000Yen. So that would be 9000Y total, an excellent deal.

As this is now technically a commercial transaction, I require 15% of whatever the final amount is settled at. I also need all parties to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding the location of the bank account I require the money to be transferred into.

Thanks to Mike for letting me try his carrier. Once tried I would like to buy Leicamans bike rack. TheBlob and TCC are a bit irritating me but maybe we can find a way how to make this deal done without letting those two guys know...

Does anyone know what works well for a 2003 Honda Fit?

I have a Fit, about 2010, and have either the Terzo or Saris, but whichever one it it, is works fine.

Thanks!

Do you know which specific product design?

Sorry, can't check as I'm confined to a hospital bed, but it's a two-bike model, Looks like a bug when on the car.

On the rear door I don't thing my second- and your first-generation Fits differ much at all on the rear door design. I think either would be an easy 'fit'.

Back
Top Bottom