Cape Town Argus and MAG 2013 challenge

chazzer

Speeding Up
Nov 23, 2006
Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire
Hello again to all who remember me (or not as the case may be:) )

I recently completed the Argus in Cape Town, the third year I have been in the event and this time I was sporting TCC colours and riding my 100% Japanese Anchor RNC7 Anniversary machine. (Alright, alright the saddle is a fiZik but whatever...).

It was a fabulous day. If you ever have the chance to do this event then do take it. (Photo attached I hope)

My times were not too bad coming off an appalling winter here in the UK and not enough training. Still in the top 40% in my age group (don't ask!) and should get a better seeding next year with luck. I was in the top 30% a couple of years ago and would like to get back to that at least with the overall goal of bettering 3hrs30mins for the 109kms.

This summer I am taking on a different kind of challenge with a London Paris ride taking in the main D-Day landing beaches and other related sites. It is 500km all up and over several days, so not hugely difficult, but I have never done multiple days and that will be an interesting endurance challenge. I will probably use the Ti audax bike for this one for comfort rather than speed.

If you are interested in learning more about this then take a look here. There are still a couple of places available if anyone is interested. If you would like to help my fundraising then that would also be great.

http://www.justgiving.com/Charles-Underwood1

I miss Japan terribly and keep up on FB and elsewhere. I was never a great climber, as those who rode with me know only too well ,but I would love to be heading off from Musashi Itsukaichi towards Tomin no Mori right now! One day I will get there again....:bike:

Best to all

chazzer aka Charles