What's new
full bike.jpg

For sale Classifieds Cannondale SuperSix Evo HiMod (without wheels!)

Sold
Previous model of the lightweight top-end bike
¥290,000
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!

Details

I was selling this as a whole bike, but have now sold the wheels separately. You can now get everything shown in the photos, minus the wheelset. Not really doing much road riding anymore, so I wanna see if we can find a better home for my totally underutilized super-bike (in industry speak). Strava tells me I only rode it 10 times in 2020, 3 times in 2021, and zero times so far in 2022.

Condition: immaculate mint condition. Always kept indoors and meticulously cleaned and maintained (including glass coating of the frame). First owner, got all the paperwork. Bought in mid 2018 from a brick and mortar shop in Japan (have all the paperwork), and only ridden for 4,110 km (a crying shame I know). This is the classical looks model from 2018, before they redesigned it like an "aero" bike in 2019 and is not available anymore. Very probably your last chance to own one. Size 52 (check the geometry pic). The same frame and color scheme ridden by the pro Cannondale team till 2017 or 2018. You can find loads of highest reviews and videos of pros like John Degenkolb riding and loving this exact frame model at the time.

Brake levers: Ultegra 8000
Brake calipers: DuraAce 9100
FD: Ultegra 8000
Chainring: Cannondale Spidering 10 arms 52/36
Cranks: Cannondale Hollowgram S1 (this setup apparently outperforms DuraAce)
RD: 105 7000 (long cage)
Cassette: Shimano 11-34
Saddle: Fizik Arione R1 (carbon rails)
Seatpost: Cannondale Save (still uncut)
Handlebar: Cannondale C1
Stem: Cannondale C1
Weight: 7.180 kg (as shown on the pic, incl wheels, pedals, bottle cages, head unit mount, front light mount, two sensors and two magnets – can easily and relatively inexpensively be brought significantly lower too, for example: smaller cassette, shorter chain and lighter RD, cut steerer tube and/or seatpost, replace standard cables with lightweight ones etc)

PM for more details. Serious inquiries only. Pickup possible in Adachi ward, Tokyo, or maybe shipping too, at buyer's expense.

full bike.jpg

IMG_20220320_143306.jpg

IMG_20220320_143314.jpg

IMG_20220320_143435.jpg

IMG_20220320_143339.jpg

IMG_20220320_144422.jpg

geometry SuperSix Evo.jpeg
That's beautiful! Only a minor point of curiosity: I guess it would accept 28mm tires, how about 30-32?

(and on mine, the spacing between the chainstays is the limiting factor, not the brakes)

thanks @jdd , indeed quite an eye candy (and a power machine, with the right engine eh ;) )

I think the limiting factor on tire width might be the brake calipers and not the frameset. it might also depend on the rim/tire combination, but I think 28mm should be fine. more than that, maybe in some configurations (esp if you kept the brake caliper on the "open" setting)

got to build one of those bellow 6.3kg without any exotic part while still keeping it totally functional. :)

ive been trying to sell mine for a while at a lower price and not many people seem to be really interested. but, to be fair, mine has a lot more scratches.
hope you get luckier than me.

thanks. this is one of the lightest framesets around, if that's what one is looking for. I mentioned some ways to easily and cheaply shed weight: cut steerer tube, cut the seatpost, get a smaller cassette - which would also mean a shorter chain, the long cage 105 RD to short cage Ultegra or better etc. some light wheels and tires, and you could definitely go under 6.5 kg or so.

about the price... I am open to serious offers near the asking price. remember that this has barely seen any usage at all. I see similarly speced ones selling 2nd hand on yahoo auctions and 2nd hand retailers in the range of 400,000 to 600,000 yen. so I guess it depends what exactly one is looking for, and how much value do they place on it

yeah, over the past 3 years or so my lifestyle, priorities and goals incrementally, almost imperceptibly, changed (evolved?). I'm mostly about mobility and strength conditioning now. with a full time deskwork job, I found cycling not only competed for my limited training and recovery time, it was more or less counterproductive to those goals as well. it would be nigh impossible to sustain a physique like this with any substantial amount of endurance work ;)

1662334952099.png

OK I've decided it's time for the Cannondale to go and free up some space for other things. I got a pretty lowball offer from a cutthroat reseller business for 190,000 yen. I know they'll put some mid range or so wheels on in, flip it around and be selling it for 500-600,000 yen the next day. even though they are pretty easy to deal with (straight pick-up, immediate payment, no questions asked etc) I'd still prefer to sell it to someone who will actually value it, ride it and take care of it.

but if not, the reseller will have to do. their offer stands until Sep 15, so I'm offering a time-limited price down for this: 200,000 yen. the only condition is that the payment and pickup have to take place on or before Sep 14. let me know if interested. there won't be any further discounts, and the bike (and this pretty good opportunity IMO) is gone in 9 days.

yeah, over the past 3 years or so my lifestyle, priorities and goals incrementally, almost imperceptibly, changed (evolved?). I'm mostly about mobility and strength conditioning now. with a full time deskwork job, I found cycling not only competed for my limited training and recovery time, it was more or less counterproductive to those goals as well. it would be nigh impossible to sustain a physique like this with any substantial amount of endurance work ;)

View attachment 36499
teach me your ways, sensei

(sorry, bike is not the right size for me)

View attachment 36499

View attachment 36499
I will spare you my photo of my bike bod for fear of being banned from the site. Glad you're enjoying your newfound physique. You have inspired me to sell all my bikes :cool:

I've had some inquiries from members here, so just wanna let you know this is now sold, pending pickup this Sat night. if anyone's seriously interested, you can PM me and be put on a waiting list in case the 1st buyer changes his mind or whatever

Back
Top Bottom