What's new

Canadian Inbound

druedrue

Cruising
Sep 16, 2020
Hello all,

I'm Andrew from Nova Scotia, Canada. Have been in Japan for about 18 years now and cycling has always been very close to me. I have explored pretty much every corner of the city by bike and am happy to see there is a community people out there with a similar mindset.

Fixed gear bikes have always been a blast for me and have been spinning on one since around 2006. I primarily like long rides, focusing more on the exploration aspect rather than punishing myself although speed was pretty much all I cared about in my 20s and 30s. Primary bikes are my Surly Disc Trucker and Panasonic fixed gear.

I look forward to being part of the community and hope to be able to hook up with like minded cyclists for some rides in the future.

IMG_3875.jpgIMG_3855.jpg
Sorry, not a drive side shot...

surely looks like an unstoppable tank right there. love the schwalbe marathon tires. I've ran marathon plus on my previous commuter, and they were indestructible. once I've found about 12mm shard of sharp iron stuck in the recess of it thread even, but did not ever puncture even with that. anyways, welcome to TCC

The marathons are tough! The 26x2 is probably a bit of overkill but definitely feel planted. Will give the gatorskins a look.

Been running the Marathons for upwards of 100k in Japan.
They rule.......sidewall,grip and longevity......there isn't a better touring tire out there and they are reasonably priced to boot.

I've got 25mm Gatotkins on my road bike (my other bike is a mamma-chari!). They took a bit of breaking in but they roll nice on the flats and don't seem to attract cuts/nicks out on the rindos. Very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom