What's new

Help Can someone please guide me to the right page?

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Very grateful if someone can please provide me with the links to the far sports shop pages where I can buy (i) carbon clincher rims and (ii) bitex hubs. I can find the Far sports pages where the product details are, but not the pages that have the "buy" buttons on them.

No idea. Just email them. They will give you an invoice for whatever you want.

There is no direct 'Buy' button, as half the people who buy rims and hubs from Farsports need their own 'company' logo putting on them, so they can pass the rims and hubs off as their own and charge 3 times the price for them.

Emailing them is fast and they reply pretty much straight away.

Yes, same company.

Just send them an email though, and they will do you an invoice for whatever it is you want. That is the fastest and most accurate way.

And don't forget to complete their highly detailed customer satisfaction survey once you've got your purchase ;)

image.jpg

Haha, look at this!!

http://www.wheelsfar.com/road-wheels/20mm-x-23mm-tubular-wheelset-extralite-hub.html

That is incredible.

Sapim Super spokes.
Extralite Cyberhubs.
Farsports rims.

$1,370.00

That is...

169,858 yen

Haha, that is ridiculously cheap for what you are getting. An 845g wheelset with the most exotic Italian hubs out there.

Compare that to how much the BS merchants are charging for their bog standard Farsports / Bitex wheelsets with a sticker on. Hahaha.

Perfect - thanks for the help. I'll drop them an e-mail. It's not so much the instant gratification I need as the secure payment handling. Hopefully if its an invoice you can just do bank transfer and avoid having to send your credit card details by e-mail?

An 845g wheelset with the most exotic Italian hubs out there.
I'd be scared to buy the wrong QR skewer for them, in case I doubled their weight....

Perfect - thanks for the help. I'll drop them an e-mail. It's not so much the instant gratification I need as the secure payment handling. Hopefully if its an invoice you can just do bank transfer and avoid having to send your credit card details by e-mail?

They use Paypal. I have bought from them many times, and over a number of years now, without a single issue whatsoever. There is also a HUGE thread on WeightWeenies about them, with hundreds, if not thousands of happy customers across the globe who have had their stuff delivered no problems. I don't have anything to do with them at all, please understand, just saying how it is.

I melted a clincher rim last year, emailed them and they sent me a new one the same day, no charge, and without asking for the old one back.

I'd be scared to buy the wrong QR skewer for them, in case I doubled their weight....

Haha, init.

They do Chris King, DT and now Extralite, so pretty much have all the high end hub market sewn up (the only one missing is Tune). The rims are good enough and very cheap, so with these high end hubs, at the price they sell for a complete wheel, it is almost like they are giving you the rims for free. Once Disc becomes standard and rims don't need to have braking surfaces, these kind of decent Chinese rims will be even more viable.

Or you could just buy GSAstuto wheels. More farsport reselling with bitex hubs.

Haha. We should start our own Farsports rim with a sticker on it company.

I know let's call it Tokyo Wheels or Tokyo Carbon or something silly like that, so it seems more technical.

Haha. We should start our own Farsports rim with a sticker on it company.

Good idea. We also need to find a charismatic spokesman to front the whole 'enterprise'

Back
Top Bottom