What's new

Can I borrow panniers for ride to Touhoku?

katakanadian

Cruising
Jan 13, 2010
Blurghhhhh!
Starting my trip in a few days and I'm finding I haven't got room for my panniers. Originally I hoped to ship them over when my sister returned to Japan from a visit this spring but she ended up not coming. Now I'm looking at carrying too much for too long. I need decent clothes for playing tourist in Korea PLUS mucky work clothes and boots and ThermaRest for volunteering in the Philippines PLUS cycling stuff (panniers, tools, cycling shoes, helmet) and volunteering supplies for my trip to Ishinomaki. Also wanting to bring my laptop, GOS, camera and all those heavy batteries and chargers. o_O

Is there anyone who doesn't need their panniers from July 17th to Aug 13th who would be willing to lend a big pair to me?

Philippines volunteering segment with All Hands Volunteers

Touhoku volunteering segment with It's Not Just Mud

I have a set of the black roll top Ortlieb that you can borrow if you like, I'm sure I could set you up with tools that you would need for touring while in Japan too, so if you only need those here, use mine.

PM me. :D

Looks like Stu has you sorted, I have a set of Jack Wolfskin rear panniers, two side and a rear carrier topper you can use if Stu's don't work out. The ortliebs are probably more water proof. I always line mine with plastic bags.

:)

I think I am set now. Many thanks for the offers of assistance. I'll bring my pannier covers along (much less bulky) to help keep the borrowed ones protected.

J.D. Gibbard

Back
Top Bottom