What's new

Can facebookers report this please and spread the word among cyclists

Oops

Well, I stand mortified! I got the quotation from a friend of mine years ago, but he was a bit of a wag!

My sincerest apologies... I humbly stand with said group of below intelligence persons!:eek:uch:

Now, I am no mathematician, but if just under 50% of people have below-average intelligence, would that not create a new average?

Shame on you, Andrew & Owen!!!
That quote, "Just under 50% of all people have below average intelligence", just happened to be said/written by a woman-hating male-chauvinist.
Now, who do you think he was talking about?
A quick search revealed that there are 101 men to every 100 women on earth - ie. "Just under 50% of all people..." are women.
It's quite clever, but not really factual. :cool:

Shame on you all!!! If just under 50% have below-average intelligence and another corresponding just under 50% have an equivalent above-average intelligence with the remaining few having an average intelligence then all is in balance. :hammer: ;) I need a donut!

Now, I am no mathematician, but if just under 50% of people have below-average intelligence, would that not create a new average?

Anyway, they are clearly very silly people. Let's hope nobody takes them seriously.

Owen,

Median and average are different. Median is the point at which half of your sample appears above and half below. With a sufficient outlier an average can appear next to the extreme with all other points on the opposite side.

Back
Top Bottom