What's new

Campy wheels on Shimano drivetrain

Campy wheels on shimano drivechain?

• Total voters
11speed, yes - to clarify, I have not done it, but read in multiple places the 11 speeds are interchangeable. (yay for neutral wheels), but 10 speed is not.

Yes, given the following;

1. The hub is able to be switched to a Shimano system (ie, does the hub manufacturer actually make the required parts for that that hub, and can it be switched, etc?)

2. The wheel is adjusted for any potential dishing misalignment as a result of switching freebody systems.

Or do you mean wheels which are actually made by Campagnolo?

Well in that case it depends on the custom layup, shimmy, bi-lateral stiffness, compliance and balance of the custom recipe of the knock-offs.

Sorry guys. This wasn't a technical question. More of a moral one.

If it a set of Campagnolo branded wheels, then it can remain a moral one.

If it is a set of wheels with a Campagnolo freebody, wishing to be used with a Shimano drivetrain, then it becomes a technical issue, or you are going to have to take a hammer to it, or get in touch with Carborundum, the ultimate forging machine, to press the non-fitting parts together with his ultimate pressing power.

The travesty of even the thought of it...

I recently bought a SRAM Force left shifter to shift a Dura Ace front mech to shift a KMC chain on an FSA SL-K light crankset.

Go for the full SRAMpagno groupo

Last edited:
I recently bought a SRAM Force left shifter to shift a Dura Ace front mech to shift a KMC chain on an FSA SL-K light crankset.
You make me sick mister ;) . After seeing you pulling out a tube with 10 , or was it 11, patches on it, nothing surprises me.

@bloaker yeah, I know what you mean. My shimano gears and brakes are really light, have seen me through thousands of Km's of mountain road after mountain road and haven't let me down once. An absolute travesty ;)
These Japanese know nothing about engineering huh.

Haha. Yeah, I have to say I do sometimes wish my Dura Ace Di2 would stop working so I could have a good old disassembly, research, fix, modify and reassemble. But it never does. Ever.

Rubbish.

Kick the rear derailleur really hard one time... you then can live your dream!

Back
Top Bottom