Campy Decline? Gruppo survey

What Gruoupset are you currently running?

• Campy Super Record/Record

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Shimano Di2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shimano

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Campy

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Sram

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m o b

Speeding Up
Jun 22, 2008
Bremen
cyclitis.wordpress.com
Shimano Interchangeability

On the technical side I would like to remark, that the interchangeability chart of Shimano in question is released here:

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/con...e.html/01) Drivetrain Compatability Chart.pdf

As you can see, Shimano states that the Dura Ace 7900 STI lever can only be used with the 7900 front derailleur. Ultegra and 105 are more or less interchangeable, but not the triples. And and and. So there is no easy answer. Indeed you need a chart. On my Cervelo I have ST6700 levers and a FC6600 crank set which is not even mentioned in the chart.
And does not cause any problems, by the way.

IMHO the conclusion from the chart is, that in the opinion of Shimano, you cannot just simply ugrade one component from your bike regardless of all other components in each and every case. So the policy of Shimano is not that you can easily upgrade, unless you buy a complete new group.

It might work nevertheless.

On the personal side I really think that this foum is not the right place to discuss the pros and cons of Nagai-San from the Positivo shop. Unless he is a real crook and rips people off: then of course readers must be warned. But he is far from that.
I really don't want to discuss these kind of personal issues and I really wish that all references could be deleted from this thread.

timdesuyo

Speeding Up
Mar 29, 2010
Tokyo
On the technical side I would like to remark, that the interchangeability chart of Shimano in question is released here:

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/con...e.html/01) Drivetrain Compatability Chart.pdf

As you can see, Shimano states that the Dura Ace 7900 STI lever can only be used with the 7900 front derailleur. Ultegra and 105 are more or less interchangeable, but not the triples. And and and. So there is no easy answer. Indeed you need a chart. On my Cervelo I have ST6700 levers and a FC6600 crank set which is not even mentioned in the chart.
And does not cause any problems, by the way.

IMHO the conclusion from the chart is, that in the opinion of Shimano, you cannot just simply ugrade one component from your bike regardless of all other components in each and every case. So the policy of Shimano is not that you can easily upgrade, unless you buy a complete new group.

It might work nevertheless.

On the personal side I really think that this foum is not the right place to discuss the pros and cons of Nagai-San from the Positivo shop. Unless he is a real crook and rips people off: then of course readers must be warned. But he is far from that.
I really don't want to discuss these kind of personal issues and I really wish that all references could be deleted from this thread.
Don't know if it matters, but I have the 105 shifters, with the Tiagra derailers. I couldn't be bothered to fork over for the matching derailers, especially because I've got a 9-speed hub, and they don't make a 9-speed 105 anymore... so I'd have to probably change that, too... I wanted to change my levers from the old-school levers I had on my bullhorn to the flappy-paddle 105s for ergonomic reasons, though, and I've had no problems running the both together. Maybe when I burn out my derailers I'll upgrade (does anyone burn out derailers??!)