What's new

Campagnolo

TrekJapan

Warming-Up
Jan 15, 2011
The following upgraded components are what I switched to in my drive train. Campagnolo; Comp-Triple 10sp rear derail, SGS long cage, Comp Triple 10-Speed Road Bicycle Front Derailleur, 11 Record Dual Pivot Skeleton Road Bicycle Brakes, 10 Record 10-Speed Steel/Titanium Road Cassette, Record Chain Ultra Narrow 10 Speed, Record 10s QS Ergo Shifters '08, Veloce Alloy Triple Crankset, Veloce BB triple, rear wheel/hub Campy, front wheel Bontrager. I have a Trek 2011 1.5 - I prefer aluminum frames, Sorry to those... Most higher frames are carbon fiber, however, I prefer Alpha. What is next for my bike? Kamakura, Japan.

Campy record and all that stuff on aluminum? Hmm...

Are you polishing cow patties or what? :rolleyes: :)

John D.

John D.

Now you mention it, I love to polish my CAAD 9 so I can see the reflections of the expressions on the faces of the people on their shiny plastic bikes as I blow past them :p

Btw, my aluminium steed is looking forward to its Ui2 (due July apparently), Enve fork and power meter...that`s if I can ever sneak them past the wife. :angel:

Campagnolo II

jdd...
I was expecting posts concerning my components, & Alpha - thanks-! :) No worries though...

However, aluminum is what I prefer. i.e. Trek/Carrera bikes. Carbon Fiber is a trend I think, Sikochi is right - Plastic. A stiffer & tight Alpha riding frame will return & have longevity. :) :cool:

jdd...
I was expecting posts concerning my components, & Alpha - thanks-! :) No worries though...

However, aluminum is what I prefer. i.e. Trek/Carrera bikes. Carbon Fiber is a trend I think, Sikochi is right - Plastic. A stiffer & tight Alpha riding frame will return & have longevity. :) :cool:

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2626&page=2

Sorry, I considered offering some similar lack-of-money comments here, but somehow opted for the cheap cow flop comment instead. My apologies.

Also, I have a few extra guitars, if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.
--santa cruz FS
--breedlove c25w
--taylor k14c
PM me if interested.

John D.

To be honest I had no idea what this thread was about in the first place.

My drive train upgraded

jdd,
Again - no worries, I hope for a Alpha frame Carrera in the future along w/ my Trek. :bike:

FarEast . upgraded components on my bike was basically what this thread is... just info... thank you :)

I have always used Campy since back in the 1980's. Never got into shimano due to it's plasticy feel and light airy shifting. I am now pretty much sold on SRAM as a counterchoice to Campy. Frame material wise it's all a matter of personal choice. I ride a MMC track frame, Carbon MTB, Steel Roadie and Titanium everyday ride that switches between SS roadie and SS crosser. Trekjapan, how about some pictures?

kiwisimon - I was very unhappy w/ Shimano. Drive train kept slipping, not good. Please return w/ a few pics of your bike? Thank you.

btw, both of my bike have triples, wouldn't leave home without 'em.

Skeleton Brake Versions

Other than the price, I was wondering what was different between the 11 Record Dual Pivot Skeleton Road Bicycle Brakes and the Veloce version. I have the Veloce version on my bike, but don't really see how they could make them better and the pictures look the same when I went to check it out.

btw, both of my bike have triples, wouldn't leave home without 'em.

way too much up front. this is what a front should look like
road.JPG

I would not leave with out them either... Will set up on my Carrera as well in the future...

way too much up front. this is what a front should look like
road.JPG

Simon, do you you have maybe a top down shot of the bars? I'd like to see what they look like from that angle between the stem and the brakes.

John D.

Apologies JDD: forgot you had an aluminium bike so mistook the tone of your post. I`m sure in due course I will buy a carbon fibre bike but until they start building them with durability in mind, I have no interest. Plus, I object to the obscene mark-up they are sold for. The idea is for this bike to last 10 years, and then see what condition it is in. I have much more confidence in my aluminium bike achieving this than I would with a carbon fibre one.

No worries. I wasn't being completely serious--was hoping that the smileys would show that!

trekjapan--my alu bike is down a ways: https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2523
Might get a shot up of my plastic one later.

And I've been daydreaming lately about replacing the cannondale with a true tourer. Maybe a surly LHT, or a ridgeback panorama.

Or maybe having one of those copied in titanium...? :) (e.g., sabbath silk route)

John D.

I`m sure in due course I will buy a carbon fibre bike but until they start building them with durability in mind, I have no interest.

I raced the 5 day Tour of Cameroon on a carbon bike, the roads there make the spring classics look like a velodrome..... carbon unless you decide to wrap it round a car, lamp post or dog (Stage 3 of the Tour involved a collision with a dog) then you've got nothing to worry about.

As for the cost.... many, many , many different avenues to take so you're not paying for just a name!

Back
Top Bottom