Campagnolo goes electronic

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Its not new.... in fact one of the Pinarello Moviestar bikes last season was stolen last year with this kit on it.

Anyone that is linked to me on Facebook will be able to see much more detailed images of this setup.

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
Puerto de la Santa Maria
I guess...

... this is good. A new Record and new Super Record groupo that will be more expensive than even the current Record and Super Record. It is a group that most of us will never "need" and for the average cyclist won't do anything to add to performance. It will be bling only. I kind of wish they had come up with a way to lower the cost of there mechanical groupos, but then again, that would be wonderland. They had to keep up with the neighbors or face elimination in the market and losing Campy would be a shame.

How long 'til SRAM releases theirs and we see electronic mountain groups?

My rant is done, thanks.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
I'll take two!

But seriously, even with honorable legacy of "emotional" mechanical engineering Campa has, who do you rather trust with microelectronics - a Japanese or Italian company?

bird

Speeding Up
Nov 30, 2010
Kawasaki
But seriously, even with honorable legacy of "emotional" mechanical engineering Campa has, who do you rather trust with microelectronics - a Japanese or Italian company?
Good point, but I'll leave aside any prejudice until how it turns out to be.
From my limited experience as a radio geek, I know at least one italian company that makes highly sophisticated & reliable devices...

After yesterday's release, more details are being reported:
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...super-record-eps-electronic-groupset-12-45511
http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear...s/first-ride-campagnolo-s-eps-component-group
Multi-shifting should be another differentiation from Shimano counterpart.

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
If you think Shimano is made in Japan you are very mistaken :D
The high-end stuff (Dura-Ace except wheelsets, XTR) is, I think. Forged in Shimano's mighty presses in Osaka.

The new Campagnolo looks nice, and a tactile click is a very good idea. Personally I'm not fussed about the ability to change multiple gears with a single press. If I want two gears, I can press the button twice. IItt''ss rreeaallllyy eeaassyy.

However, my prediction is that Ultegra Di2 at the lower price is going to absolutely dominate this market.