What's new

Campagnolo 30 speeder & 52-36

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
I don't want the triple, but I would appreciate a Standard crank with a 37 on the back. It would look fugly, but nice for races like Gunma where you could really gain ground with a 52, but also need a climbing gear.

WHAT?

Mate Guman can be race with a 52 and a 28 rear cassette, honestly I hate climbing but have had pretty good results at Gunma.

Go ride Shuzneji - you'll know what climbing is all about!

Agree, I rode Gunma with a 39:28 minimum and barely even used the 28 apart from the uphill hairpin (until the second half when my fd refused to shift down from the 53)

I rode the course with a low gear of 34-27. I would have liked the 28. I don't think I would be able to keep a high cadence climbing with a 39-28. I would like a 53-39 with 30 in the back. 37 would be nice for mountain climbing. I am nearly positive I will be dropping my compact crank next year, but I will need a really low gear for those mountain tempo days. It will probably be with Sram or Shimano though.

How about you just hit the gym in the off season and push medium weight with high reps?

Back
Top Bottom