What's new

Camp Zama Racer

Bugleboy21

Warming-Up
Sep 9, 2012
Greetings, everyone!

We arrived almost one week ago, with our bikes under the plane. Thank goodness we did, since we have no car to get around. I started cycling in the summer of 2011 and I began racing in February of this year, with the last three races being top 5 finishes in USA Cycling Cat 5 races.

I've been riding 5 mile loops on Camp Zama for the past couple of days and have been walking around the immediate neigborhood between here and the Sobudaimae station. Everyday, I've stared at the mountains across the plain to the west, wondering how to safely ride over there and what kind of climbing I could find. If anyone has MapMyRide routes in my area or you love and train nearby, I would love to meet up with you!

Arigato Gozaimas!

Larry

strava

I use Strava's "explore" feature. I downloaded Strava to my iphone so even if I am not riding, if I am in a new area I can see what is around. Welcome to Japan! You will be happy you brought your bike. Where are you from in America and why are you here?

Get in touch with Yokota Airbase - they have a cycling club that meetsregular and they can lead you out to some of the great rides in the area. Once you get familiar with the area then go off and adventure on your own.

Also have a look at the rides and routes posted here - they will give you plenty of ideas of riding.

Both mysself and Mike are around your area - not to far from Atsugi so look for rides we post.

Back
Top Bottom