What's new

Camp sites?

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Can anyone recommend a place to camp, near the sea or lake?
Or a site with camp site listings?
Preferably not a place asking ¥4000 a night to pitch a tent!:mad:
Many thanks

Any particular direction?

The only one I keep going back to is on a lake north of Iwanoshirako towards the Urabandai area.

http://www11.plala.or.jp/soharako/

Beyond that, I just use a Touring Mapple to find sites to stay when on the road or calling ahead to ones that seem to be recommended in there.

Thanks, I was thinking of Chigasaki area, Izu, somewhere near the sea? Fuji lakes?

There are a couple of nice campsites on the North shore of Kawaguchiko with showers and a place to get wood for a fire. I've also stayed at a good one along Ome kaido towards Okutamako. PM me if you want more details.

If you want to do it on the cheap,you can virtually put your tent up along any of the many rivers in Japan.I assume beaches as well.
Do it at dusk near the metro areas though.

One of our friends biked through Japan, then Korea. He camped everywhere - check out the blog .. http://timsbiketour.com/ Japan is one of the most camping friendly places. Even if there are not official camp grounds, you can usually stealth camp with minimal hassles.

Yep have to agree with this - My team director and several other people I know have ridden Japan after graduating high school or Uni they hit the road and then camp where ever there is a safe spot to do so.

It's a very common thing to do so I wouldn't worry about official camp sites just find a nice spot and camp out.

I'll be going by car and taking a large inflatable dingy, so a "real" campsite may be best.

On your own?

Then drop the seat place inflated dingy in car and use as airmatress.

If you happen to get up to Hokkaido, there are lots of deserted beaches, where people set up (camping cars/vans, etc) and camp long term, season-long sometimes.

On your own?

Then drop the seat place inflated dingy in car and use as airmatress.

Great idea but the dingy is bigger than the car!:eek:
And I have an air mattress.

I wish I could got to Hokkaido but heading down to Shonan area only.

LOL

DINGHY

Dingy is an adjective: it means 'like the corners of Owen's mind'

Why campsites? There are many parks with toilets along the coast. Some michi no eki have showers and tatami style rooms open 24 hours. Wild camping lets you interact with local people and if you are lucky you can be invited over to spend a night.

Back
Top Bottom