What's new

Review Camelback Podium

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Jet Valve, Hydroguard, TruTaste and no BPA! But what makes this a really great bottle is the Jet Valve. No more struggling to open the typical plunger valve with your teeth like a rat gnawing away at a chunk of stale bread. Just squeeze and it blows! Now put your dirty imagination away, cause this bottle gives you more love than a mama's titty on your birthday.

With that being said, it comes in a couple sizes, and also has an insulated version - but you all know where I stand on that. I like 'em lean and clean and crystal clear so I can see what's in the thing before I swig it. If you've ever accidentally taken a hock from a bottle that had moldy sports goo in it, you know EXACTLY what I mean.

Price is reasonable. I paid about 1000 yen ea for the tall boys and about 250,000 yen for the smaller one, which I received along with some other schwag at the Haute Route.

Ha ha ha

Great review. I'm rushing out to buy one.

Love my HIGH5 bottles - although using the lids on the official team bottles sssshhhhhhhhh ;)

My favorite is the HIGH 5 IN THE BOTTLE. My only complaint about the Camelback is that you can over consume so easily. Whereas the common bottle allows for rationing common on the sub-sahara desert.

Love my HIGH5 bottles - although using the lids on the official team bottles sssshhhhhhhhh ;)

Podium

I have a few problems with the podium bottle. I I like that you can take it apart and easily reach most places where the mold grows. Its a little difficult to take apart at first, but after a few times it loosens up. That is also a draw back though, so many parts to clean. Its not like a bite valve in a lid, its like 5 or six pieces. I gave up using the podium bottle after 2 years of use. I now only use them as "water only" bottles to avoid having to majorly clean them frequently. One time, I squeezed the bottle too hard and shot water through my nose. This happens when the bottle is topped off, like at the start of a race. You of course forget about this and when you take that first drink after the start. No Bueno. Also great for shooting photographers from long distances and is works a great small dog repellent (Stu) that is approved by PETA.

I have a few problems with the podium bottle. But I I like that you can take it apart and easily reach most places where the mold grows. Its a little difficult to take apart at first, but after a few times it loosens up. That is also a draw back though, so many parts to clean. Its not like a bite valve in a lid, its like 5 or six pieces. I gave up using the bottle daily after 2 years of use. I now only use them as "water only" bottles to avoid having to majorly clean them frequently. A few times I squeezed the bottle too hard and shot water through my nose. This happens when the bottle is topped off, like at the start of a race, and you frantically take that first drink after the initial shock after the start pulses down. and you end up showing everybody what your secret race day breakfast was. Also great for shooting photographers from long distances.

A little soak in some warm water with a little bleach will take care of all the nasties in short order! :)

The only bottle I keep for more than 2years needs to have at least 10yrs with a single malt inside.

You haven't fully taken apart you bottle yet, have you? You may be suprised what is growing in there.:confused:

I've seen video of the podium valve being taken apart, so I have some idea of its inner intricacies. That being said, bleach kills ebola and every other known virus, bacteria and mold. I'm confident that it's up to the task! :D

Not doubting the power of bleach, but there are some parts inside where water gets trapped. I too was doing a casual bleach rinse and squeeze through after every ride (I am borderline ocd about my bottle being clean) and out of curiosity I took one apart and found a zoo inside.

Not doubting the power of bleach, but there are some parts inside where water gets trapped. I too was doing a casual bleach rinse and squeeze through after every ride (I am borderline ocd about my bottle being clean) and out of curiosity I took one apart and found a zoo inside.

OK then, try this for a thought experiment... if the bleach can't get to it, then it can't get to you! That or you just weren't soaking long enough or using a solution strong enough. :D

Back
Top Bottom