caff-fiends?

armmewitharmony

Maximum Pace
Mar 10, 2014
Funabashi, Chiba
Interesting article... So I've been legal doping this whole time?

It must be true. I was listless and washed out riding into the wind on the way home Wednesday, and felt the sting of actually getting passed by a bicycle - some guy in awful camo cargo pants on a Madone with reflectors on, twice. As in, he passed me, I passed him back when he slowed for a light, and he passed me again. Clearly, he was the better man.

I now know the reason for this was, no coffee that afternoon lol.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
I always carry a caffeine gel or two on long rides for that last 40km of grind down the river. It makes a huge difference when you are getting to the end of your rope.

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
Setagaya
There are some online stores that sell caffiene tablets as a dietary supplement.
But to get the most benefit out of caffiene gels/tablets, one must abstain from the regular intake of caffiene.

bawbag

Maximum Pace
Mar 20, 2013
Tokyo
There are some online stores that sell caffiene tablets as a dietary supplement.
But to get the most benefit out of caffiene gels/tablets, one must abstain from the regular intake of caffiene.
F that S
Currently learning to roast my own beans.

bawbag

Maximum Pace
Mar 20, 2013
Tokyo
Use a deepish cast iron pan that you can give up to coffee roasting. And old hawaii thing.
F that S (redux)- too much manual labour what with all that stirring and whatnot.

One of Akihabara's finest popcorn air poppers is being sacrificed to the caffeine gods as soon as I get home from work - I've already tested that it can reach the temperatures needed for full-on roasting. It will eventually result in a non-functional popper, but not for a good year of stress-free roasting.

Reactions: GSAstuto