What's new

Ride Cafe Ride (11/5 or 11/6)

factorzero

Maximum Pace
Oct 10, 2020
I was talking to @Omar about doing a mid-week, morning cafe ride. I haven't planned all the details out yet but I'm thinking of riding to Kiyosumi-Shirakawa (iki Epresso, Allpress, or Blue Bottle) starting around 7~8am this Thursday or Friday. No particular route decided yet. I'm coming from Suginami-ku but can plan around who ever wants to join. Anyone interested?

Oh whoops didn't check the mail and just saw this post! Up for this ride if you haven't done it yet.

I'd be up for it on Monday, depending on what time you guys need to roll. Dog-walking duties make a super-early start tough for me.

Works for me. Is the plan still to head to the Kiyosumi-shirakawa neighborhood? If so, worth bearing in mind that Allpress and Arise are both closed on Monday. Bluebottle and iki are open though. There are other options in that area, such as Bliss, and also BAKU a little further south in Monzen-nakacho, but they both open at 10. Too late for us if we're setting out at 8.

@Ratchet21, if you're able to join, the easiest thing for you might be to head north up Nakano Dori and meet us somewhere along there as we head east.

Good call. In that case I feel like Iki would be a little less crowded than blue bottle at that time.

I'm thinking of putting together a route tomorrow to share. I usually go right down the middle of the city via yoyogi, sendagaya, iidabashi before looping around the backside of the palace, passing through tsukiji and finally monezenakacho to get out to kiyosumi shirakawa. I my experience the traffic is usually worse with more southern routes. @Justin any experience with routes north of the chou line?

I tend to use a different route each time, but I often end up on Shinjuku-dori heading out through Yotsuya, then around the southern perimeter of the palace, under the tracks just north of Tokyo station, and all the way out along that road to Koto Ward. I haven't tried going north of the Chuo Line.

I'm happy to follow whichever route you come up with, though.

@Ratchet21 could also meet us near Daitaibashi station along the route if that's more convenient.
Sounds great! I'll confirm again on Sunday over here if you are fine with it, what happened was that I realized I got saddle sore from the rides last week so have been not cycling to recover from it this whole week, if it's healed by Sunday then I'm definitely in!

Back
Top Bottom