What's new

Help Buy a bicycle

Ronan

Warming-Up
Nov 22, 2012
Hello ! I'm a new member, just arriving from France, for 6 months in Tokyo. I do a lot of cycling trip in France (most VTT, but have also a road bicycle). I'd like to buy a bicycle, but as i won't be able to go back in France with it, i'll let it in Japan (may be i'll give to one of my japanese collegue). So i didn't wanted to put a lot of money in...And in japan it seems not common to sell bicycle second hand. Does anyone have an idea ? The other solution is to buy a mamacharries, even if not so fun this my specialized road bike, nor my Lapierre Zesty VTT...May be already asked in this forum, sorry for that if so; not so easy to find..Many thanks for people that will take time to help me ! And maybe one day on the road; even if i'a equiped with a mamacharries, sorry to say that i don't like being at the end of the pack...Bye !

Hello ! I'm a new member, just arriving from France, for 6 months in Tokyo. So i didn't wanted to put a lot of money in... !

Welcome to TCC, what size bike are you looking for? Then maybe some ideas will pop up.

Hey Ronan (It's Micheal - next door)
I may have a Scott CX Team cross bike he might 'rent' you for the 6 months. You would have a much nicer bike than a mamacharry and not have to worry about selling it when you leave.

Only thing it would need for road rides are tires and tubes (currently on cross tires). I have not given it too much thought, but if you are interested, let me know. - I left it in the hallway where my Salsa has been sitting the past week - if you want to check it out.

What size bike are you looking for and what is your price range? That's really cool of bloaker to offer his bike up, too.

Just talked to Ronan today. He was in the lobby as I got home from my Sunday ride. He checked out the scott and it fits him, so now we just need to get some road tires on it and make a few adjustments.

No he doesn't have to ride a second rate bike while in Japan.

Thanks for the welcome, Kiwisimon !
And thanks also to Proracemechanic for the answer.
And many thanks for sure to Bloaker, it's really a good proposal.
Best regards to all !!!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom