What's new

Burning cheek

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Well not exactly the cheek,

this is the second season that my gluteus muscle on the right side under the sit bone feels like its slightly burning all the time. I can't sit for too long without feeling uncomfortable. Near the end of last summer the same thing was happening, it feels to me like the gluteus muscle is inflamed, but why only one side? Does anyone else experience this?

Chuck the Fitter. As you push yourself further and get fitter - you actually stress body parts differently. Fit, even a few mm, has a great deal how these stresses are transmitted through the body and fatigued. I have similar problem related to past injury and having to adjust my cleats about 3-5mm back causes a hella pain in my glutes - cause I'm firing those muscles very hard. So - there is a very fine balance of pain management vs overwork certain muscles vs fitting. If this is happening on one side primarily, then you might need cleat cants to compensate. Humans are not entirely symmetrical, so we often need some adjustment to fit symetrical machines like bicycles.

Its nappy rash:

• How often do you ride?
  • How many pairs of cycling shorts do you own?
  • Do you commute in and out in the same shorts?
  • Do you use a heavy washing powder/conditioner on your cycling kit?
  • Is your saddle to widde/narrow?

Somethings I would suggest to treat now:

• nappy rash cream such as Johnson & Johnson non-fragranced nappy rash cream.
  • Drink more plain water.
  • Two pairs of shorts to commute in
  • Shower with antiseptic soap in the nether regions

Its nappy rash:

• How often do you ride?
  • How many pairs of cycling shorts do you own?
  • Do you commute in and out in the same shorts?
  • Do you use a heavy washing powder/conditioner on your cycling kit?
  • Is your saddle to widde/narrow?

Somethings I would suggest to treat now:

• nappy rash cream such as Johnson & Johnson non-fragranced nappy rash cream.
  • Drink more plain water.
  • Two pairs of shorts to commute in
  • Shower with antiseptic soap in the nether regions

I don't see any rash, so I think it's the muscles. Is this some kind of invisible rash??

Surprisingly - 'nappy rash' can cause that too! (Thanks, FE) . yeah - irritated skin can lead to similar symptoms!

Back
Top Bottom