What's new

Help Building out a bike, shop or mechancic suggestions

YamanashiLiving123

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Hi there TCCers,

I have a bike that has a paint flaw which may be causing some rust issues after less than a year of use. Bought the bike from a company in Taiwan. Reputable stand up guy who is willing to ship me either a new aluminum frame like I have or upgrade me for a few hundred dollars more to a carbon frame.

So we are pricing out options and the most economical way to handle this. I am looking for either a mechanic or shop that would be willing to remove my group set with disk brakes from my current frame and put it on the new frame. Trying to get a sense of costs for this because he's picking up the tab.

Anyway, any suggestions on shops or mechanics and what an estimate might be?

I'd give it a shot myself, because it would be a good experience and useful for the future, but not 100% confident.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there TCCers,

I have a bike that has a paint flaw which may be causing some rust issues after less than a year of use. Bought the bike from a company in Taiwan. Reputable stand up guy who is willing to ship me either a new aluminum frame like I have or upgrade me for a few hundred dollars more to a carbon frame.

So we are pricing out options and the most economical way to handle this. I am looking for either a mechanic or shop that would be willing to remove my group set with disk brakes from my current frame and put it on the new frame. Trying to get a sense of costs for this because he's picking up the tab.

Anyway, any suggestions on shops or mechanics and what an estimate might be?

I'd give it a shot myself, because it would be a good experience and useful for the future, but not 100% confident.

Thanks in advance.
Can't be that difficult to do yourself. Although if you don't have all the tools, then I suppose you might need a mechanic. I recently started going to Nocchi at Effffect. He seems like a super nice chilled out guy. I have no idea about prices though.

Can't be that difficult to do yourself. Although if you don't have all the tools, then I suppose you might need a mechanic. I recently started going to Nocchi at Effffect. He seems like a super nice chilled out guy. I have no idea about prices though.
I Agree not that difficult. Actually I'm in the process of getting tools to be able to, but not ready to tackle it all yet.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Fielding!.. Do you have a link to that shop because google is not helping much.

Ah now I see the problem! Someone can't count to 5.....;)

I love the online store! I might have to pick myself up some new toothpaste!

http://www.efffffect.com/
He is indeed a nice geezer and charges really good rates, to boot.
Annoying arbitrary number of Fs in his website name...

Edit: oops. Totally didn't see @GrantT 's message. My comments still stand though.

Yep, that's the one. @theBlob I had no idea how many f'in f's there were in it so I just hit the f key a few times until it looked about right.

Back
Top Bottom