What's new

Bugs!!!

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Just finishing my first 6 months of cycling, I have never cycled over the summer period before. In my last few rides, particualrly around the river areas, the bugs are starting to appear.

Today I ate one and had in insert itself into my ear!! I guess my slack jaw panting style may not be a winner over summer.:eek::eek::eek:

How do you guys deal with bugs??

I saw a few masked bandits out today, and another guy that seemed to have some kind of shield glued onto his top lip:warau: (No it wasn't a mo!)

Or is it that i should be thankful for the protein!:D

theDude

Maximum Pace
Oct 7, 2011
yeah, have noticed a lot of guys have handkerchiefs over their faces on the rivers. Not a bad idea.

The worst is getting some kind of big bug stuck in your helmet. You can't tell what it is, could just be a fly, but could be a bee! Have had a couple crazy emergency stops to wave the helmet around to get rid of them....

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Bugs and sun cream = a bad combo.

Alei

Cruising
Apr 6, 2012
Fark!
You should've warned us before you post up that photo.
Now I feel itchy just looking at it.

Bartek

Maximum Pace
Jun 28, 2010
Ha ha. You are lucky to be in Japan and not in Canada at this time of a year. Just wear sun/clear glasses and you'll be fine.

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
I think that's honey you have there, not sun cream. But this is the best argument I've seen so far for cyclists to shave their legs.

It was a sticky sun cream given to me by somebody who didn't like the stickiness.

:eek:

Too bad she didn't like bugs...she may have kept it then.

Sikochi

Maximum Pace
Sep 13, 2010
Leg covers - much less hassle than putting on suncream, and no unwelcome hangers-on...though you do seem to pick up the odd comments from the gallery!

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
water proof sunscreen is the be all and end all - next water stop just blast them off with your water bottle.

Top Bottom