What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Bridgestone RADAC All Aluminum bike from mid 90's

WindChaser

Warming-Up
Apr 12, 2014
Located in California but Made in Japan - Bridgestone RADAC All Aluminum 54cm frame and fork with Shimano 105 racing components. Front head tube bearings are Dura Ace. Rear sprocket is Hyperglide for easy shifting. I have over $1000 dollars invested in this bike. I broke my ankle last year which affected my leg balance so I have decided to part with this racing bike. Selling price is a steal at $400 dollars. This bike is fast and was professionally hand built for racing in an Alameda-Oakland Northern California bike shop. Frame is very light weight and total bike weight is less than 10 kilos. Will fit riders 1.65 to 1.8 meters. I am 1.75 meters tall. Text me at (001) 209-244-6226. I will coordinate shipping overseas. See additional photos at link provided; http://1drv.ms/PZ9GKu
DSCF0279.jpg

Why are you selling it here? Surely you can get that price with a local sale?

The RB-1 RADAC has a cult following in Japan. It was perhaps the best of the Petersen designs and implemented pretty much cutting edge tech at the time. The size he listed (54) is very rare in Japan as it was rarely sold locally. So, I'd say his posting in a Japan forum is very pertinent. And I'm sure some informed TCC members might be highly interested in this bike. Outside Japan this bike is not well known.

It's a beautiful bike. I am proud to own it and I want it to go to someone who will be proud to have it. I think being an all Japanese bike it would be much more appreciated in Japan.

I'm also wondering how a Japanese bike is hand built in a shop in California? I think you mean that the bike was built up in a shop in California for racing.

RB-1 RADAC

Tim, pretty sure this isn't a RB-1 spec frame, my RB-1 is cro-moly. RB models, yes had Grant's long TT speced but the RADACs were pretty much shorter TT at least the ones I saw(perhaps @WindChaser could run the numbers). I used to bond these Radac Aluminium tubes and cast lugs together in the early 90s here in Japan, crushed a few rear ends of sample models to render them unridable before we trashed them as well. This one looks a nice straight example and I think someone was searching for one in this size about a year ago on TCC. Wish I still had my MB1 as well but I gave it away to a high school kid who wanted a MTB, sweet riding frames with good geometry and quality construction. @WindChaser What would approximate shipping cost? Ballpark.

I have used www.bikeflights.com in the past and they seem to have the best rates available. About $330 dollars is what shipping will run from California to Tokyo for 5 day delivery. As for the other comments/questions, top tube is approximately 54 cm long, and touché to FarEast: you understood the phrasing since you made the appropriate corrections. Oh did I mention that the handlebars were Sakae?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, the bike has sold locally. It's a shame since this bike is a rare find in Japan. I will be posting a Nishiki Aluminum triathlon bike soon.

Back
Top Bottom