What's new

Brake pads

Getting the pad 'glazing' residue off the rim is super important especially in the Summer. They generate hot spots and will cause rapid heating of the rim which will go straight to the tube and could cause blowout. Or, in the case of carbon rims - once the pad starts to glaze and overheat the rim - the rim temp rapidly increases above the Tg and becomes putty and loses its structual integrity.

Seriously good advice here! Getting that glazing off will increase the life span of your carbon rims!

I tried to clean the rims of my Ambrosio wheels with the eraser I found in the schoolbag of my daughter.
cute-Hello-Kitty-eraser-cupcake-Japan-161165-1.jpg

Zero effect. Than I used my trusted SwissStop eraser made out of special ingedients only to be found in the remotest valleys of the Swiss alps.
Wonderful results, clean rims:

http://cyclitis.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/plus-swissstop-reinigungsgummi/

you also might want to try a graphite eraser not some cheap chineses knock off.:D

you also might want to try a graphite eraser not some cheap chineses knock off.:D

Well, I tried again with Sanrio licensed Hello Kitty eraser and my Ambrosio wheels now look like this:

velo-city_deepv-pink36-03.jpg

By the way, in the contect of this thread I like your disclaimer:

"For Sale: SRAM S60 Carbon Clincher wheel set with alloy braking surface - recently overhauled and fully serviced "

which I presume means that you have fully serviced them with a graphite eraser?

LOL -

Full service means, new free body, new bearing, replaced graphics and going at it with a graphite eraser.

Haters will be haters ..... at least im getting it :D

Back
Top Bottom