What's new

Bont shoes

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Hey,

According to Bont anywhere there is resign or carbon the shoes are moldable, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the metatarsal, or last, is also moldable.

I have not mounted my Bontrager shoes and I'm going to try the Sidi Mega today, so I'm obviously still looking.

Any other feedback on the Bont shoes is welcome.

Cheers,
Josh

What do you mean by metatarsal/last?

The complete top of the shoe is moldable. That doesn't include the footbed or stock sole, which are very flat and rigid. Some resort to custom soles.
Also, while you can change the shape of the heel, some ppl reported heel slip. I couldn't be happier though

The area right before your toes, a common place for people with wide feet to have problems

Got it, I'm actually one of those. After molding three times the toe box went from unbearable to just right

I'm firing up the computer right now so I can look at the online store.

I can't believe some companies don't use HTML5...

I've got a pair of the Sub-9 tri shoes and love them. Very stiff soles with great power transfer. Noticed the difference from my old LG shoes as soon as I tried them on.

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/Triathlon/sub-9/

And I was lucky; they fitted me perfectly right out of the box.

Plus they are Aussie company! :cool:

Yeah I'm seriously considering these but it looks to be difficult to get a size 8 wide, but then again I really want to fix these fit problems so I can start focussing on training and racing.

How have you found the quality and customer service when compared to other companies? (Sidi, Specialized Eric)

The build quality is great. Handmade and top class. Expect to get many seasons out of them, wore them last season and they still look brand new.

Can't comment on CS; got mine on-line from Chain Reaction.

Hope this helps.

I have wide feet and found both Lake and the new Northwave Evolution sbs (which I currently have) to be excellent.

i got the wide lakes a while ago and fitted like a dream. With the NW - they do not have a wide fitting but have had no problems.

Back
Top Bottom