What's new

Ride BLUE MONKEY EPIC - Oct 12 - Free Accommodation offer

Adam Cobain

Maximum Pace
Jul 1, 2014
Hi TCC Members,

October 12th is the inaugural Blue Monkey Epic, a challenging but rewarding journey taking in some beautiful roads and climbs in the Gunma Mountains. It is also the start of the fall leave change, which even adds to the grandeur of the backdrop.

http://www.bmonkeylodge.com/#!specials/c4q8

In an event to get some of you guys up here to the Blue Monkey Lodge & Lounge, (a cycling-orientated lodge concept I am working on), I am offering a free accommodation, normally 5000yen/night, to the first 10 TCC members who register. All the details for the course are on the link. Only 2000yen (just to cover coffee and cake pre/post ride)

The Blue Monkey Epic - Epic by name, Epic by nature. It would be great to get a solid group together, have a great meal and refreshment Saturday night and then get in some high mountains before winters bone sets in:)

Hope to see you here.

Adam

Attachments

• BLUE MONKEY EPIC.pdf
    233.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm in! Don't know how sensible this is but why not eh! Got to be in it to wi.... Ummm..... Finish it??!

In too. Trying to get Pedal Swan to come along as well, but he says it looks a bit too easy.

Gunnar, Gunma is similar to Niigata really so I'm blessed to be able to ride every day here in the mountains or by the sea, work or no work....

Congrats to you for following Adam's wheel in the Gunma mountains!

Hope you enjoyed his place. Can't wait to get over there and check it out.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Not sure, would love too as it would be great to meet everyone and stay at Adam's place. Most of my training is done early morning as I have two young boys to entertain. Will try to work something out!

Andy

Not sure, would love too as it would be great to meet everyone and stay at Adam's place. Most of my training is done early morning as I have two young boys to entertain. Will try to work something out!

Andy

You should definitely try to get there. I think most of us will be going up early Saturday and riding that day, then riding the Sunday epic too. I'm sure you could sneak out of Niigata for at least one of those days to ride ;)

---Diesel Wanted---
The inaugural Blue Monkey Epic is seeking the services of one diesel engine. Preferably one that has been converted to run on bananas and hops, and work best with hour or more warm up before operating. Andrew Wood :)

Hi Adam
Any chance you could give me a rough estimate of the elevation gain on the ride please?

Cheers.

Thanks @Chris Williams . Just what I was looking for. I've just created the same route using ridewithGPS and got an elevation gain of 4700m. From experience I know that RidewithGPS is always generous when quoting elevation gain so I'm guessing it will be around 3500 to 3800m. Should be a great ride.

@Robert You want selfies? Your wish is my command

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom