What's new

Bikeshop recommendation - Shinagawa/Tamagawa area

Thanks, Maverick. That seemed pretty fast -- no two-week wait, eh? ;)

If I want to start riding soon, I may have to skip Positivo as well. If I may ask, what was the cost?

Deej

Hello Deej,

Total cost, including a new Fizik bar-tape was Yen 14.2k..
a buddy of mine brought me there, the mechanics were basically a personal friend to him, so perhaps that's why the price is cheaper than usual.

btw, i have had a couple of shops quoted me Yen22.5k for components installation which i believe is the standard price in Tokyo.

cheers.

Total cost, including a new Fizik bar-tape was Yen 14.2k..
a buddy of mine brought me there, the mechanics were basically a personal friend to him, so perhaps that's why the price is cheaper than usual.

Thanks, Maverick! Wow, great price. I guess I'm hoping for something around 20,000 yen -- and with a wait of less than one week. Still, I'll call Positivo once my frame arrives (Wednesday?) and get a quote, as I'd really like Nagai-san to put the bike together.

Deej

I heard this guy`s cheap!
32023.jpg

OK, I finally received my bike yesterday and brought it to a shop today to get built-up. Woo hoo! It will be ready on Wednesday.

<COMMERCIAL>I'd like to give a little shout out to the bike shop on the basement floor of the Viento sports store in Jimbocho. Although the bulk of cycling goods they sell appear geared to the "city cruiser" type rider, and the shop lacks the "boutique" feel of some of its counterparts that deal in high-end goods, it has consistently provided me the best overall service of any shop I've been to in Tokyo when considering such factors as friendliness, speed, quality and price.

Certain other stores may score higher in a particular category, but on an overall basis, humble Viento (part of the Victoria chain) comes out on top.

My office is nearby (Otemachi) so I've been dealing with them for a few years now when I need to get something fixed, changed, or simply feel like looking at bike stuff on my lunch break.

I guess I'm gushing here because I've dealt with them a lot over the past few weeks as I've transitioned from my old bike to a new one, and I've been impressed at how good the service has been. On the occasions when I've shown up in the afternoon and said something like, "Help, I need a new front derailleur on this bike by 6:00!" they've been accommodating. I ask for an on-the-spot headset adjustment, leave for lunch, and come back to find that the bike has also been wiped sparkly clean and the wires tightened up.

If you go, ask for Watanabe-san. He will hook you up.</COMMERCIAL>

Oh, and Ys in Jimbocho quoted me 30,000 yen and at least two weeks to get my bike built up. Viento was 20,000 and five days.

Deej

OK, I finally received my bike yesterday and brought it to a shop today to get built-up. Woo hoo! It will be ready on Wednesday.

Oh, and Ys in Jimbocho quoted me 30,000 yen and at least two weeks to get my bike built up. Viento was 20,000 and five days.

Deej

Hi Deej,

Is Nagai san building up the bike for you?
Anyway, congrats and don't forget a post a picture once the bike is done!

cheers

Is Nagai san building up the bike for you?
Anyway, congrats and don't forget a post a picture once the bike is done!

No, the wait was too long, so I went to Viento (the store I gushed about in my previous post).

I'll be sure and post a photo!

Deej

Back
Top Bottom