What's new

Race Bikes, Beach and Bergs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This event is starting to take shape.

「With the support of Kashiwazaki City, we will hold a bicycle event on July 2nd and 3rd. The longest course is 120km (about 35km gravel). The Mayor is delighted to have such an exciting event. The course is good for CX bike, MTB, Gravel bike, Road bike (disc brake & gravel tyres). Please join us. And please tell your friends! Yoroshiku BBB!」

All 3 Ride Japan events, and the GRV TROPHY SERIES have a 15% spring sale on this weekend.

Andy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408-174945_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-174945_Outlook.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 7
This event is starting to take shape.

「With the support of Kashiwazaki City,
Cool. Thanks for the info. It's a helluva long way, but this looks interesting and relaxed enough that I might consider making the trip. Just can't commit to stuff this far in advance...

It's not as far as Tokyo-Itoigawa!

If you can commit, like Cinderella before her Raleigh Banana turns into a Raleigh Pumpkin, there is 15% off entry fee until midnight Sunday!

Andy

For tyres, if you are limited by frame geometry, I'd say go as wide as you can. Slicks are no good. Tyres should be gravel, preferably with side knobs. Disc brakes if possible.

If you are using a road bike, you want to tweak the set up as much as possible.

Andy

Hello everyone, I'm looking for someone to share a car/van with on the way back to Tokyo after the event. Please let me know if you are planning to go by car and have space for one more person+bike.

I also tweaked the Big-Kahuna GPX file published on the event page to make it a bit more accurate:

Well, I gather that something happened at the weekend. There seems to have been a sudden event name change and a reduction in the fees. Would be interested to know what went down if it's shareable, @andywood, and what the future might hold.

unwillingness to accept standard rules on Covid vaccination
Curious to know what are the required vaccination rules for organizing such an event ?
None of the cycling races I joined required that.
A local requirement ?

unwillingness to accept standard rules on Covid vaccination
Curious to know what are the required vaccination rules for organizing such an event ?
None of the cycling races I joined required that.
A local requirement ?
I just got the answer to my question by checking the website.
Harsh rules, absolutely not necessary and inefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom