What's new

Review BikeInn

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Anyone got any comments about buying from this company?
They are really giving me the run around trying to buy a pair of bib shorts.
they say they are in stock.I place the order and then I start getting emails saying there is a change in the status of my order... but there isn't any change...
support is nowhere to be found...

im about to give up on them all together.

I do not have any experience with them but wanted to have a try due to their attractive prices. I changed my mind after seeing some reviews. Not really trustable and a lack of customer service. I kept with Wiggle and CRC for foreign online sellers.

Hope things will get better in your case, but…

I have ordered about 5 things for BikeInn. All 5 have arrived without issue. They are on my list of "online retailers I don't fear"

Please not that is not a raving endorsement - it is just simply I do not feel they are a sham or some fake online shop to steal money.

I've ordered from TradeInn stores including BikeInn maybe four times. Compared to Wiggle etc., they're slow, but in my case the items have always arrived eventually. It's a Spanish company that seems to personify the joke that "mañana" does not mean "tomorrow"; it means "not today".

Very polarized reviews, though.

SafariSnap 001.jpg

I had no order progress, so I contacted them and the responded they were waiting on one sku (time cleats). I am sure they showed as in stock when I placed the order, so some system/admin issue on their side. They gave me the option to modify the order, but I needed the cleats. This was April 2020 so they get a free pass, in fact they were quite responsive and friendly considering. Had a similar issue with ProBikeKit around the same time.

I have ordered about 5 things for BikeInn. All 5 have arrived without issue. They are on my list of "online retailers I don't fear"

Please not that is not a raving endorsement - it is just simply I do not feel they are a sham or some fake online shop to steal money.

Thank you. Good to know they can be reliable most of the time

My experience with BikeInn over about 5 orders has always been positive.
I should add that my expectations of delivery punctuality this year have been lowered.

#€%$ bike inn. I've now ordered 4 bibs, all of which have been cancelled cause they don't actually have them... total waste of time.

They are really giving me the run around trying to buy a pair of bib shorts.
they say they are in stock.I place the order and then I start getting emails saying there is a change in the status of my order... but there isn't any change...
support is nowhere to be found...

im about to give up on them all together.
Hi I recently bought a pair of tyres and it took a bit time to get them in Japan as coming from The Netherlands with COVID situation but everything went well at a very good price. My recommendation is just to wait a bit more and should be fine.

I've made two purchases from BikeInn. My first purchase was some Aerothan tubes and it was hassle free. My order was shipped quickly and arrived quickly.

Great. Feeling emboldened to make a second purchase, I purchased a pair of Assos winter bib tights and it has been a major headache.

I placed the order on December 29 and it supposedly shipped on December 31, with the last tracking update showing January 1 (still the case today). I waited a month and there were no updates to the tracking, so I contacted BikeInn (end of January). They said its on its way and please wait. Okkkk so I waited two more weeks and then contacted them again (mid-February). This time, they replied they'd contact their carrier to find out where my order was and to wait to hear back from them. I waited two weeks and still hadn't heard anything from them so I contacted them again (end of February). This time they sent me a Declaration of Non-Receipt form in pdf format to be filled in and "signed manually". Uhhh didn't you guys already contact your carrier two weeks ago?! I asked about that but never got a reply. Seems that was just a BS story to gain time. Anyway, so I filled in the Declaration of Non-Receipt form with information they already had anyway and sent it off. It was sent back to me the next day "to be corrected" because I got the shipping date wrong (it was correct per Japan Post's tracking). Okkk so I corrected the date and sent it back and they confirmed receipt of the corrected form. Today, two weeks later I still haven't heard back from them. So I just logged on to BikeInn's website to send a message and noticed that they've started a "return" for my order. Hmm first I've heard about that. I didn't even receive the order so its not a "return" but whatever, as long as they refund me I don't care what they call it. So hopefully I'll get a refund soon. Spring is already here so I don't need the bib tights now anyway.

Searching on the net, I found many other cases of people having a similar experience to mine. So much so that I think it must be some kind of scam. If you're on the ball and follow up, you may just get a refund (fingers crossed). If not, no refund for you. In some cases people didn't contact BikeInn until after four months had already passed since their order had shipped, to which BikeInn replies "tough luck, too late to get a refund".

So that's it. I'm done with BikeInn. Never again.

Just to add a little for information. Each time I messaged BikeInn, it took several messages before they would address what I was actually asking. They initially either just send a standard copy and paste reply about customs taking a long time blah blah blah or make BS up. One time they replied my order had been stuck in Japanese for three weeks. Ehh no, the tracking indicates the order never left Spain. And I've never had that happen anyway. Japan Customs is extremely efficient in my experience. Then, in mid February they deleted all the messages we'd exchanged from my account on their website. Never got a reply about why they did that.

Today, two weeks later I still haven't heard back from them. So I just logged on to BikeInn's website to send a message and noticed that they've started a "return" for my order. Hmm first I've heard about that. I didn't even receive the order so its not a "return" but whatever, as long as they refund me I don't care what they call it. So hopefully I'll get a refund soon. Spring is already here so I don't need the bib tights now anyway.
Update! I confirmed just now that I got my refund by checking my credit card transaction history. I still haven't heard a thing from BikeInn about it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom