What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Solved Bike wanted to daily commutes to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcsimmons

Warming-Up
Jul 6, 2013
Looking for a bie, preferably with a carbon frame but steel is also OK for someone who is 181cm and 105Kg's. Not a serious rider but want something that will get me around Tokyo and to and from work. Maximum budget is Y120,000.
Thanks.

Ahhh, what do you want with this thread? You want a recommendation? You want a used bike? You want a road bike? A flat-bar? More info...

Sorry for not being specific, if possible I want a used road bike, with flat handlebars. Any bike considered, carbon or steel frame, with 12 gears or more. Do not care about colour, make, components, type of tyes, type of pedals, scratches ok, as long as it works, has two wheels and air in the ires and is 55cm and above anyting considered. If i need to list more things that i need just ask.

Wiggle.co.uk has good deals on new bikes, even with shipping to Japan. Second hand ones can be found on Yahoo Japan.

Sorry for not being specific, if possible I want a used road bike, with flat handlebars.

You should be able to find a new steel flat bar bike for under Y90000. Gios Ampio is a nice choice (I have one), around Y80000 list and you should be able to get it for less than that. If you consider aluminum frames you'll have a lot of options, with at least one model in your price range from just about ever major manufacturer.

For carbon frames, you won't find a new one of any type in your price range. I'm not aware of any carbon bikes with a flat-bar as a standard feature, so you'd probably need to find a used bike and switch the drop bar for a flat one. This would mean new shifters as well, but Shimano Sora ones or the like is not expensive.

Sorry for not being specific, if possible I want a used road bike, with flat handlebars. Any bike considered, carbon or steel frame, with 12 gears or more. Do not care about colour, make, components, type of tyes, type of pedals, scratches ok, as long as it works, has two wheels and air in the ires and is 55cm and above anyting considered.

I'm 74kg (the last time I looked) and I'd be very wary of riding any carbon frame whose history I didn't know. Definitely not "any make, scratches OK, as long as it works". And if I weighed 105kg, it would have to be brand new, from a reputable maker, and chosen carefully.

For your viewing pleasure: "busted carbon".

(And yes: (i) steel can fail too; and (ii) I'm sure that carbon frames have their place.)

I have a Pinarello FP3 that will be going up on the classifieds soon. Although slightly over your allocated budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom