What's new

bike shops shinjuku

duncanl36

Warming-Up
Sep 8, 2010
hi guys!!
i'm obviously new here:)
so i was wondering where are the bike shops in shinjuku and whats the closest train station?
(looking for mtb of fixie)
thanks anain=D
Duncan

HI Duncan - well, there are the Y's Shops close to Shinjuku Ni-Chome (Gyoenmae station), Bic Camera has some Bikes stuff, Cycly Used in the Seibu Station Building (near East Exit), Outdoor Space which is small BMX shop on Meiji Dori and Okubo Dori (Higashi Shinjuku). As for MTB Fixie - nothing in the Shinjuku hood. As I ride fixie I know pretty much any place that would have something like that. If you don't want to roll your own, then you'd be looking at perhaps F.I.G. , Blue Lug or another boutique shop around Tokyo.

HI Duncan - well, there are the Y's Shops close to Shinjuku Ni-Chome (Gyoenmae station), Bic Camera has some Bikes stuff, Cycly Used in the Seibu Station Building (near East Exit), Outdoor Space which is small BMX shop on Meiji Dori and Okubo Dori (Higashi Shinjuku). As for MTB Fixie - nothing in the Shinjuku hood. As I ride fixie I know pretty much any place that would have something like that. If you don't want to roll your own, then you'd be looking at perhaps F.I.G. , Blue Lug or another boutique shop around Tokyo.
hey
thanks for your reply=D
there was a typo
im looking for fixie OR mtb
thanks

duncan your shop selection/experience will depend a lot on how well you understand and speak Japanese.

Y's Road in Shinjuku

http://ysroad.co.jp/shinjuku/

Exit C8 from Shinjuku 3-chome subway station takes you into the B2 level of the BYGS building. Y's store is one floor up. They also have a cyclewear store on the same floor.

If you go by bike, you can wheel your bike into the building, down the escalator, and park it on a hook just inside the store. More secure than strapping it up outside, especially if it's a nice one.

Just over the road, tucked away in a corner, is Y's Custom (a.k.a. Maniac, a.k.a. Joker), which sells more bling stuff, and some of the same stuff.

--HF Mike--

im looking for fixie OR mtb
thanks

Just to clarify, these two kind of bikes have very different uses. No need to get a mtb if you are not planning to ride 1hr plus/take the train to some trails outside Tokyo. Tokyo has some of the cleanest roads, so there is no need to get an mtb for the city.

Depending on how deep your pockets are, your choices grow, but I would look for a fixie or freewheel singlespeed bike. Below 60.000 you will have good options, but make sure to get a CroMo or aluminum frame - the cheap Chinese bikes come with heavy steel. If you want something esp. sturdy get a Durcus One master from W-base in Shibuya.

Close to Shinjuku there is actually one more shop especially for fixed gear: Immigrant Cycle Garage

Good luck...

duncan your shop selection/experience will depend a lot on how well you understand and speak Japanese.

Y's Road in Shinjuku

http://ysroad.co.jp/shinjuku/

Exit C8 from Shinjuku 3-chome subway station takes you into the B2 level of the BYGS building. Y's store is one floor up. They also have a cyclewear store on the same floor.

If you go by bike, you can wheel your bike into the building, down the escalator, and park it on a hook just inside the store. More secure than strapping it up outside, especially if it's a nice one.

Just over the road, tucked away in a corner, is Y's Custom (a.k.a. Maniac, a.k.a. Joker), which sells more bling stuff, and some of the same stuff.

--HF Mike--
haha
thanks
btw my Japanese knowledge is like, nil.
thanks
duncan

Tetsu over at Y's Ueno speaks perfect English, Staff at Nicole, and I'm always happy to help out around the 'juku hood. What's ur budget? And what are you looking for? True MTB? HC Fixie? SS MTB? Cross Bike? Ghetto cruiser?

Back
Top Bottom