What's new

Help Bike Parking in Shibuya (my first post)

Lee

Cruising
Jan 25, 2013
I'm meeting some friends tonight at Shibuya EST (near to Bic Camera).

I'm cycling there and wanted to know of any advice on parking in that area (I have a decent lock)? Am I ok to find a spot in the street for a couple of hours or should I be looking for an official place?

I've never had any problems parking my bike in Shibuya except forgetting where I actually parked it! Shibuya is littered with art bikes , fixies, you name it , so, regardless what you ride, it probably won't stand out so much as a theft magnet. Though, apparantly there are some kleptomaniacs running around there snatching bikes. Just be prudent and put it on a good railing or even somewhere you can keep your eye on it.

Perfect! thats what I was thinking, just needed a bit of reassurance. My Japanese friends who told me to be careful are probably not used to locking their bikes in a country where theft is a serious business.

Really depends what it is you are intending to lock up...

If it is worth any real cash, I would not bother at all.

Your call, of course, but only lock stuff you are able to lose and comfortably replace.

If it's worth cash, then you can sell it quick for more booze at Gas Panic. They actually have included Negra Modelo into their Happy Hour menu. I'd sell my bike for a few of those!

Really depends what it is you are intending to lock up...

If it is worth any real cash, I would not bother at all.

Your call, of course, but only lock stuff you are able to lose and comfortably replace.

It's not my best bike, just my daily single speed. It all worked out fine though.
I popped my head into Gaspanic in Roppongi once, never again.

Gas Panic!:eek:
Went to the one in Shibuya about 8 years ago. A Japanese couple were having sex in the toilet. Not even in a cubical but between the sink and hand dryer!.....

Back
Top Bottom