What's new

Bike packing

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
The US military is voluntarily evacuating families, so I'm taking it as a cue to buy me a ticket For tomorrow (round trip). Nonetheless, feel I must take my bike.

1) are my priorities all wrong:D
2) as there won't be anywhere that sells bikes and boxes open at this hour in kichijoji, suggestions for packing a carbon bike in something other than a bike box?

My ticket returns march 30. I hope I do to.

Good luck everyone. I feel horrible leaving, like I'm betraying a lover in a time of bad luck but I have nothing to do for the next ten days and it seems to be the best option...

I'll feel like I've shot myself in the throat if I leave my bike :warau: time to get packing.

If you got ten free days, just take your bike, go to South Japan and do some winter touring? I would love to so:)
Whatever you do, have a safe trip

+1 on that. If it weren't for the TV, nobody in Kanazawa would know anything had happened. We're upwind...

How about Shimonoseki and then up the sea of japan coast?

I feel like a traitor and a coward. But I don't have enough social network here to stay sane with my family hyperventilating across the ocean.

Watching the news alone is probably worse for your health than plant going up in smoke.

But if all the worries are meaningless, I'll be back on march 30th with my bike that can haul stuff and spend my time helping Second Harvest collect stuff.

Take care and stay warm.

For laughable value, I'll later post pictures of my bike padded with cycling clothing like a baglady and wrapped in MOS Burger boxes.

Note to others: take off the pedals, seat and handlebars before the wheels. duh.

Don't feel bad about it, Kori. Everyone has to do what they think is best, and what's going to give them and their families peace of mind. Have a safe trip!

Back
Top Bottom