What's new

Bike Crimes!

Yes, I noticed the macho chainring sizes. I almost didn't, because I was gazing at the crankset as a whole, and wondering why it was that this presumably dirt cheap crankset was nowhere near as ugly as are most of the expensive alternatives. Another oddity is what's advertised as the "cassette" (ie freewheel), which looks like a six-speed corncob to which a granny sprocket is attached. And the granny has only 28 teeth.

A drop-handlebar mamachari isn't necessarily a stupid idea. A late friend of mine had one, and enjoyed going up and down Tamagawa on it. (A ride for which 42/28 should be OK, even for the aged.) But his mamachari frame had a (dropped) top tube, and therefore could be a lot lighter than this. (It also had centre-pulls. I don't know how good they were at stopping the bike, but they looked neat.)

I think it's kind of cool, but its only the frame shape that's mama chari. It doesn't have mama chari staples like a basket, stand, mudguards, or a chain guard. The guy in the image is wearing lycra shorts!

poland.jpg

think of all the different hand positions possible... infinite adjust-ability of reach etc. the only bike crime is that this hasn't been implemented sooner!

This popped up on my Facebook memories today...
How on earth they road it to the bike park is a mystery.
I've obviously been wasting so much money replacing my rubber before I needed to.
View attachment 31927
Why does this bike have a lock on it? Nobody would steal a rotting corpse, surely?

Why does this bike have a lock on it? Nobody would steal a rotting corpse, surely?
Public safety! There may also be a sign on it saying 'steal a different one - this is toast'

How on earth they road it to the bike park is a mystery.
I suspect it was merely threadbare when it was last ridden. After that, in the years of neglect, nature took its course. It looks like a light (even white) tyre. Any colour other than black seems less stable than black rubber, in my limited experience of white/tan sidewalls. Anyway, great photo!

Last edited:
That's my mate Seb!

Second most handsome man in Japan!

Andy
Indeed a handsome chap!
Shame they didn't pay him to spellcheck as well.

Everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but I get a sense that there are a lot of riders that love jerseys with more sponsor logos than the pros wear.
Having more logos on you & your bike than the pros could be considered a bike crime..

What are we looking at here Bloaker? E-bike for gravel?
That is ultimately a gravel e-bike, but the seat angle is horrible followed by hoods in a position you can only reach the brakes is if you have tentacles for fingers!
Bikes that are on display for sale should have extra care in that they are set up not just aesthetically pleasing but at a minimum mildly functional.

Same bike different color....

1647410807501.png

Back
Top Bottom