What's new

Bike Crimes!

Actually I chose the wrong preposition for the title of the picture.
I'm thinking of rescuing the bike. But I don't want to steal it though. It's still locked.

bike in the bin.jpg

I noticed this parked in my condo's cycle parking place this lunchtime.

Attachments

• 0DCC3812-9F23-4453-9D49-1F9279D612F4.jpeg
    0DCC3812-9F23-4453-9D49-1F9279D612F4.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 40
looks like this is more common than one would have thought.... ↑

I just hope it's not the shops, but individual owners either doing a semi assembly after buying online, or perhaps fixing a front wheel misalignment after a crash or similar, and going the other way ;)

Same here,I really hope it's not the shops that are doing it.Trouble is.......because of the ongoing cycling boom a lot of places are selling bikes and you have to wonder who is in charge of getting the bikes in order at places like Don Ki and the like.

How not to adjust your seatpost.....

And maybe they just slapped on the front wheel for the pics, but that's not how I'd set the QR skewer.

an interesting case this.

it's kinda obvious that the judge looked at the bigger picture, his youth, trying to put one parole behind him, probably the neighborhood, the housing in question, and of course the bike, which, for all we know could have been worthless and stranded, with or without an owner. it was probably a question of, find him guilty of theft for this, and he serves the last sentence as well, putting what even in the best of circumstances are very slim chances of full social rehabilitation for such youth even further at risk, when no actual harm was done or measurable damages made.

I don't think this can be widely extrapolated to a general license to "borrow" anything and everything, on the pretext, or actual intent, of not wanting to permanently deprive the owner of it. it is most probably heavily connected to the context of his situation, and quite a unique judgment as such. wouldn't be surprised if it does not end up setting any kind of legal precedent. just my two yen. an unusual find this, so wanted to share

Back
Top Bottom