- Mar 14, 2021
After trying out a Wahoo Elemnt that a friend lent me, and going back to using a phone mounted Android on a ride today, I came across Garmin's range in my local Giant Store as I was getting some parts for my touring bike. I really would like something specific to use on my bikes. And I have no idea which one to pick. I would like something that can do the following:
- Automatic rerouting if I go off route - which is often as I tend to either take a "wrong" turn, or find something that I am interested in.
- Syncs to Strava either via Wi-Fi or phone connection.
- Connects to my Cateye sensors on my bike.
- Connects to my android phone to display messages / calls / etc.
- Touchscreen would be nice, but the device must be waterproof just in case I decide to start riding in poor weather or the weather turns for the worse.
- Decent battery life - I don't want to be charging this up between every single ride I do. My rides vary in length from 2 to 6 hours, and sometimes I do overnight trips as well, so battery life would need to be 15hours+ minimum as during stops, I don't turn off my bike computer or Strava tracking.
- Mounts - I have two bikes, so the mount should easily be removeable, or cheap to buy another one.