What's new

Bike case Storage in Tokyo

Brodie

Warming-Up
Aug 13, 2015
Hi Fellow Riders.

Myself and two friends from Australia will be heading to Japan on the 19th (this Wednesday), well be hanging around Tokyo for a few days but then will make our way down the coast by way of Bicycle.

We'll need to stash our 3 bike size bags/boxes somewhere in Tokyo from the 22-27th of August. Any recommendations? Bike shops? Club Houses? Lockers? Karaoke parlours? or alternatively does a fellow member have a spare room or storage space? We can pay with beer and several good stories ;D

Thanks for your time,

Brodie

Hi Brodie
Not sure where you'll be able to stash them to be honest. Most people living around the Tokyo area are very limited with the amount of space they have so I don't think many people would be able to accommodate 3 bikes for a week. I can't see a bike shop wanting to take responsibility for them either (although perhaps some other members can prove me wrong, hopefully).
Anyone got any ideas?

Hey Leicaman,

Thanks for your response and well noted. Yeah space is at a premium in Tokyo.

It's actually just the bags and boxes we'll be using to transport the bikes that need to be stored. We'll be riding the bikes for a week down the coast.

Thanks once again.

Brodie

Got any photos and dimensions of what you want storing?

Scicon atlas case L:115cm W:25cm H:80cm

Eco Bike Box that folds out and is approximately the same dimensions as above.

Pro Mega bike bag L:120cm W:23 H:75

Hopefully that gives you a rough idea.

Thanks

If you know some destinations as to where you will be staying you can takyubin them ahead to the place you will be staying with the date you want them to arrive. You can just keep doing this for the week and you will be sorted. ie send them ahead three days, then when you get there do it again to your final destination.

Thanks for all help, a Local bike shop has offered up to store our bike boxes for the week in
exchange for a case of IPA. Beer really is the international currency.

Thanks once again.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have this same issue, with 10 days of bike travel planned.

Brodie, are you able to give the name of the bike shop?

Otherwise, would the takuhabin with delayed delivery work, perhaps having the bike case delivered to Haneda temporary storage after 7 or 10 days?

Revisiting this thread again.

I'm visiting for 3 weeks in October and need to figure out where to store my bike luggage bag (which ends up looking like a bike-frame shaped suitcase).

On a previous trip I used Shinkansen Rail-Go baggage storage service 新幹線レールゴーサービス - but it's limited to 14 days (and cost about about 9800yen for the 2 weeks). Would like to find something for the full 3 weeks as I won't be staying in Tokyo.

Bike Shops?
A few people have suggested finding a bike shop and offering payment (or beer as above).
Can someone suggest a specific bike shop I can contact via email to arrange this ahead of my trip?

Other solutions?
Someone who offers road-bike rentals?
Takyubin (seems this would be hard to do for 3 weeks)
Individual person who might have some storage space to exchange for cash? A long shot I know :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the reference to GS Astuto.
Unfortunately, Tim says the shop is quite small and they are not able to offer any kind of bike case storage.

@okyeron Click on your user name just below your picture (not Start a Conversation) and then Profile Page--there are now a couple tentative offers there.

Thanks for the reference to GS Astuto.
Unfortunately, Tim says the shop is quite small and they are not able to offer any kind of bike case storage.
Yeah, I'm amazed at how much stuff bikes shops can cram into there shoe box sized premises.
If you get pinched you can send it up to me in Aomori and I can send it back to the airport or hotel to meet you when you get back. You just pay the shipping. I don't need any payment. Up here we have acres of space, just no economy to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom