Sold! Bianchi Pista Concept 2006 59cm -- complete bike

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
I am downsizing and need to reduce # of bikes!
JPY 55000 yen for pickup.
This was my main commuting and "around town" bike for several years, and is a "street legal" (i.e. w/ front and rear brakes, bell and rear light) version of a fixed gear track bike, equally at home on the "Kawasaki Bank" keirin track and on the streets of Tokyo. It has gotten little use in recent years since I built my own frame and bike at UBI in 2012, which now gets most of my in town use (with gears).
Plenty of scratches and cosmetic damage, but still has that Bianchi Celeste green, rides very well and should have many, many years of use left in it.
-- 59 cm Bianchi Pista Concept 2006 -- 7001 aluminum track bike frame. Real track geometry and stiffness. Accelerates with the best of them. For 2007 at least can find the geometry here:
http://www.bianchiusa.com/archives/2007/track/pista-concept
-- Mizuno basic carbon fork (I replaced the original Bianchi fork at purchase with one that had a pre-drilled brake hole.
-- Bullhorn bars for in-town use.
-- "Bombproof" rear wheel is Mavic CXP33 36-hole rim, 3x spoking, Gran Compe high flange hub, 16 teeth and 14 teeth cogs (flip the wheel to change the gearing). Built by Koki Nagai of Positivo (former Fassa Bortolo UCI protour level mechanic). This has "tied and soldered" spoke crossings,"a long forgotten art, but in view of the high demands placed on today's wheels, more necessary than ever. This especially applies to the rear wheel ..." Gerd Schraner, The Art of Wheelbuilding, p. 88.
-- Front wheel is Velocity Aerohead 36 spoke rim, 3x spoking, with high flange track hub. (Upon request, I can provide a second, alternative front wheel that uses quick release for a bit extra.)
-- Both front (Conti Grand Prix) and rear (Vittoria Rubino Pro) tires are low mileage and in good condition.
-- Front brake is SRAM Red 2012! (The Shimano 105 brake I have used on it for years ... is not working right, so I swapped in my only spare brake -- which happens to be a high end product. Rear brake is Dia Compe, added with plate attachment.
-- Crankset is Sugino Messenger, 48 teeth, 175 crankarms. Very durable.
-- I have and so will include a new-in-box SRAM single speed chain.
-- New gold bartape. ... just in time for the Olympics.
-- Fizik Arione saddle.

Since this is a "used" product I strongly prefer a buyer who can come try it and ride (or take) it away. Located in Setagaya near Kaminoge / Futako Tamagawa area.

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
1. Not much interest (though one party has said he may stop by after he thinks about it), so I will reduce the asking price to JPY 49,800.
2. Also I will throw in the SRAM Red (2012) matching rear brake to go with the front one that is on the bike. These are not cheap ... I know I will regret it next time I need a set of brakes!
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sram-red-brakes
And remember, you also get the spare new single-speed chain.
3. You will notice some ugly white/silver strips on the bike in the photos. That is 3M reflective tape. I removed one of the strips this morning on the head tube to confirm it could be done without too much effort or damaging the paint underneath. For commuting use I suggest you keep most of it on -- but it is a trade off and the bike looks a lot better without the tape. There are other solutions to visibility that keep the bike a bit nicer.
4. I finally got around to cleaning the bike and wheels so it looks much better than last week when I posted it. The Sugino crank grime came off nicely (though a bit hard to tell in the flash photo that includes the crank below). A few more photos below.
5. I leave town the morning of August 23 (Tuesday) for an extended trip, so if you want to see it or take delivery before mid-September, act by this weekend.