What's new

Best weather app or source for Japan

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,

When I was in Canada I used Environment Canada for the best weather info, so I searched around and could not find something like this in Japan that gave weather info so I can plan rides with some reasonable accuracy.

I am using an app (on iPhone/iPad) called celsius, but it seems to give me some good info and some way off.

Thanks

www.jma.go.jp

Click on English if you want, I use the Japanese end.

I think the JMA folks are the grand-daddy, and other "services" simply slap a skin onto it to make it look like they're doing something on their own.

Or, some other service may offer an interpretation of what's going to happen (based on the JMA data) that JMA does not.

Be aware: There are occasionally some false positives on the radar (rain showing that is not actually there), and also the vice-versa, some low rain when there isn't any showing on the radar.

Not often, but sometimes.

www.jma.go.jp

Click on English if you want, I use the Japanese end.

I think the JMA folks are the grand-daddy, and other "services" simply slap a skin onto it to make it look like they're doing something on their own.

Or, some other service may offer an interpretation of what's going to happen (based on the JMA data) that JMA does not.

Be aware: There are occasionally some false positives on the radar (rain showing that is not actually there), and also the vice-versa, some low rain when there isn't any showing on the radar.

Not often, but sometimes.

Cheers, I'll bookmark this one!

"weathernews" on the iPhone is what I use. It's in Japanese. But the icons are intuitive. The function to find your current location and weather for the next three days in one hour increments is useful. I use this to determine how much prep is needed for the commute.

Or what about the built in weather app in the iPhone. It now does location as well as hourly breakdown for about the next 11 hours.

Back
Top Bottom