Help Best way to watch TdF on Computer?

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
Puerto de la Santa Maria
Does anyone have any good tricks for watching the TdF on the web. I do not have a TV so I need to watch via the computer. Last year I had minimal success using cyclingfans.con and steephilltv.com. Seemed like the English language sites either did not work well or were spotty and would drop. Sometimes I could get a foriegn language feed and then use the audio from a English audio only coverage. Was not an exact match, but it worked better than no TdF at all.

Used this approach during the Giro this Spring and it worked a lot better than with the Tour last year.

Versus TV covers it in the states and allows one to subscribe to a webcast, but the Japanese URL is blocked due to copyright.

If anyone has a suggestion for trying to get better English language coverage, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Yamabushi, thanks for the link. It's a great site. I prefer the ITV coverage to anything else and they have it there....great stuff.

Sep 2, 2009
I agree with Pete; I download it and watch it the next day, and am spending the month ignoring Facebook etc, so I don't get any spoilers.

thebox.bz has them in English too.

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
Yeah, I have a 60" Pioneer plasma, so I want TDF in glorious 720p with English commentary, and I can watch it on my schedule. The only downside is possible spoilers. I hope everyone here will be considerate! :D

Sep 2, 2009
Yeah, I have a 60" Pioneer plasma, so I want TDF in glorious 720p with English commentary, and I can watch it on my schedule. The only downside is possible spoilers. I hope everyone here will be considerate! :D
60" ! Wicked. I am slumming it with a 40" Sharp Aquos. It is in an 8 tatami room though, so it feels about right.

(Obviously I already have Sofmap open on another tab and am looking at massive new TVs).

I will not be spoiling anything for those who download and watch the next day; I am doing the same.

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
My system this year is to download the itv highlights of last nights stage from cyclingtorrents and watch before leaving for work. Cannot cycle to work currently, so that makes a good substitution to start the day excitingly.