Half Fast Beginners' ride Sunday

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Very enjoyable: thanks to all, and particularly Don and Mike.

Apologies to Ira [I think this was his name]: I was going to tag along with him on Komazawa-doori but he was behind me and I unthinkingly instead attached myself to a couple headed for Meguro-doori.

Next time I'll try to persuade the missus to come along. And I'll try to remember to shave.

Lunchtime beer in blazing sunshine before more riding isn't really my thing. But after close to 90km today (including a toddle along Tamagawa, etc), I'm now greedily eying a bottle.

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Very enjoyable: thanks to all, and particularly Don and Mike.
Great to have you along. Thanks for coming.
And I'll try to remember to shave.
Only if you want to.
Lunchtime beer in blazing sunshine before more riding isn't really my thing. But after close to 90km today (including a toddle along Tamagawa, etc), I'm now greedily eying a bottle.
Obviously it's not compulsory to drink beer. Wine, chu-hai, etc. also acceptable. ;)

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Eh heh, thank you.

One of these went down a treat a couple of hours ago:

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fbeer.suregork.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F02%2Fde_molen_vuur_vlam-400x600.jpg&hash=da339f16526dbbd141d28b8468eb6877

The upstart Dutch are starting to challenge the Belgians for world beer supremacy.

(Well, that was quite a day. Fearing that I might otherwise not make the 11:00 sharp departure, I went to Roppongi somewhat faster than usual. At one point I hit 42 km/h, which for me ain't half fast.)

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
ROFL. We are not like proper bike clubs. Didn't you get the memo?
Sure did! "Easy peasy pace": can do. "Wear a helmet": Always do anyway. "Don't wear earphones": Never do anyway. "That is all": Gotcha.

NB I wasn't/amn't complaining in the slightest. Getting there with time to spare meant I could apply sunblock to my already-flaking arms, wonder at the cleanliness and newth of most of the other bikes, resolve to give my own a good wash, and, erm, soak in the ambiance of seldom-visited Roppongi. (Tho' as it happens, the day before I'd spent some time in two Roppongi photo galleries.)

As for other bike clubs/meets, it occurred to me that once, perhaps five years ago, the missus and I had joined a very leisurely circa-three-hour tour of the hidden nooks of Tallinn (heavy emphasis on the sights rather than the riding), but that I couldn't remember any other occasion when I rode anywhere with more than one person. So it's hard to compare. Though at least part of the meaning of (say) "Climbing: 2400-2800m Distance: 175-185km" is all too (horrifically) clear.

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Sure did! "Easy peasy pace": can do. "Wear a helmet": Always do anyway. "Don't wear earphones": Never do anyway. "That is all": Gotcha.
That's alright then. "That is all" was 'misunderstood' on Facebook by one Michael Q. Bloaker esq. to mean that ONLY helmets should be worn. Had that been the case, and with the sunny sun on Sunday we would have been a very sore bunch of naked lobsters. For future reference, we don't care what you wear as long as it includes a helmet.